Wheel Refurbs

daytona246

May 28, 2012
Good tip with the fairy. Bit messy perhaps.?

Not too bad really this was wheel number 1 so trial and error really. I didn't put any on the tread. Once it dries a washing up sponge clears the paint straight off. just have to make sure 100 percent of the wheel you are spraying doesn't even have a molecule of fairy on it! Lol

alcurtis93

Dec 15, 2013
plus.google.com

Very smart mate! What other mods have you done to it? Just got mine recently and only had a remap and changed the aerial to a stubby one... Needs more ha. Are they bigger rotors at the front?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

daytona246

May 28, 2012
Very smart mate! What other mods have you done to it? Just got mine recently and only had a remap and changed the aerial to a stubby one... Needs more ha. Are they bigger rotors at the front?

I've been meaning to to the Ariel! which one do you have?

other mods are:

Stage 1 tweaked now running 185hp 310ft/lbs (turbo pretty much maxed)

pipercross panel filter
miltek decat,
as you mentioned- 312 brakes oem pads/discs (imho excellent!)
ss fmic with custom pipework (pretty much same as forge)
pd160 intake (no power increase weirdly makes crawling in traffic easier on the clutch)
alarm beeps through vagcom
selective locking deactivated (all doors unlock together now)
leon FR gearknob
colorcoded plastic foglight housing
edge speakers thoughout the rear
3d numberplates (St george flag-
polo rear wiper
20mm spacers rear

Other plans hybrid turbo and RARB.

Cant really think of anything else i have done tbh.

Last edited:

xbl

Oct 4, 2013
The guide on the MG forum is largely correct apart from letting the colour dry before lacquering, you should lacquer on to the colour when it's tacky to achieve better adherence and depth.

alcurtis93

Dec 15, 2013
plus.google.com
I've been meaning to to the Ariel! which one do you have?

other mods are:

Stage 1 tweaked now running 185hp 310ft/lbs (turbo pretty much maxed)

pipercross panel filter
miltek decat,
as you mentioned- 312 brakes oem pads/discs (imho excellent!)
ss fmic with custom pipework (pretty much same as forge)
pd160 intake (no power increase weirdly makes crawling in traffic easier on the clutch)
alarm beeps through vagcom
selective locking deactivated (all doors unlock together now)
leon FR gearknob
colorcoded plastic foglight housing
edge speakers thoughout the rear
3d numberplates (St george flag-
polo rear wiper
20mm spacers rear

Other plans hybrid turbo and RARB.

Cant really think of anything else i have done tbh.

Just have a genetic stubby aerial from eBay. Really wanted an s2000 one or C2 but couldn't really find any. You've got a lot of good mods there! :) I've only got the pd100. Wish I had the 130. They seem to be very upgradeable.

daytona246

May 28, 2012
Nothing wrong with a pd100 mate, the guy I bought the intercooler from had his pd100 running around 200hp, just need injectors and turbo really and the same stuff like pd130 owners e.g. clutch intercooler etc

alcurtis93

Dec 15, 2013
plus.google.com
Nothing wrong with a pd100 mate, the guy I bought the intercooler from had his pd100 running around 200hp, just need injectors and turbo really and the same stuff like pd130 owners e.g. clutch intercooler etc

It would be quite tempting but then you need new brakes and rotors etc. Wouldn't even know where to source a new turbo or even which to get and the same with injectors.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
The guide on the MG forum is largely correct apart from letting the colour dry before lacquering, you should lacquer on to the colour when it's tacky to achieve better adherence and depth.

To be honest that's quite hard to do diy as the colour will go off very quickly. However lacquer will liven up the paint when it goes on even if its been left for 30 mins in normal air.

If you have ever caught a rim with your finger after lacquering you would know this :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.