Leon Cupra 280 - Help with colour choice!

shhhhh

Hi guys and girls,

I'm going to be ordering my new Leon Cupra 280 5dr over the next few days, but I'm having serious difficulty choosing the colour... black or white!!!

I've got a "Speed Blue" mk2 Leon Supercopa FR at the moment, and since getting it I've always had second thoughts about maybe having gone for white, so I thought I'd get some opinions from you guys (most of you have pretty good taste!).

Basically white or black for the new Cupra 280? Would help if there were some real-life pics of it in white, but I've not seen any yet. If anyone knows of links, I'd be grateful!

Please help!

Steve

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
white is an AMAZINGLY easier colour to live with, I cant tell you how nice it is not to see a new scratch in the paintwork every morning, BUT ive seen the Cupra in the photos in both white and black and the black looks sooo much meaner, the whites a bit normal-esque

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
white is an AMAZINGLY easier colour to live with, I cant tell you how nice it is not to see a new scratch in the paintwork every morning, BUT ive seen the Cupra in the photos in both white and black and the black looks sooo much meaner, the whites a bit normal-esque

Got to agree, having come from a Black Mk2 to a White Mk3, the white is a hell of a lot easier to live with. Still gets dirty, but doesn't quite look as a bad as a dirty black car.

I've got mine looking quite glossy with a glaze and sealant. Very happy with my choice this time around.

Black looks awesome when its clean, and shiny. In fact I will go as far as saying that a clean glossy shiny black car is probably as good as it gets for sheer wow factor.

But it will look like that for about 5 minutes after you've grafted over it all day. You'll go inside, come back out the next day and you'll weep. :cry:

Therein lies another problem, you'll be washing it a lot to keep it looking amazing, and introduce to that black paint the dreaded swirly paintwork, no matter how careful you are. Then you'll weep some more. :(

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2011
hull
Shame they don't still do the crono yellow I always throught yellow was seats signature color like red in honda type Rs signature color

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
Is it literally just black or white? For me it'd be black out of those two (I hate white cars with a passion, white is for transits only imo). Mines in emocion red as its what the dealer had in pre-reg, but for a factory order it'd be alor blue every day of the week.

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
No Alor Blue on the Cupra, in fact the current factory palette is quite monochrome at present.

really? white black or grey then? Seems a bit daft I'd always associated the cupra with being the GTI's rather more brash cousin, which doesn't really sit very well with boring paintwork. I know everyone and their dog wants a white car at present, but the cupra is supposed to be nuts, wheres the canary yellow, lime green etc of older gens?

shhhhh

the current factory palette is quite monochrome at present.

Yep, full list of colours is as follows (and inc. VAT prices for those who are interested):

Custom: Dynamic Grey (£716)
Metallic: Ice Silver, Monsoon Grey, Nevada White, Phantom Black (all £495)
Special Solid: White (£175)
Solid: Emocion Red (FOC)

So basically, white, grey, black, or red :p

I thought long and hard on it, but I just ordered my car this afternoon in Phantom Black! I was basically swayed by the pic of it from behind... Looks incredible. Also should look pretty mean at night!

EDIT: Thanks a lot for all your opinions guys...

Last edited by a moderator: