MK3 Leon Cupra, what we know

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Some more details including those seats.

Cupra_Media_12.jpg

Cupra_Media_13.jpg

Cupra_Media_14.jpg

Cupra_Media_15.jpg

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
That nice in red, so much better than the white we keep seeing. [B)]

Its grey actually, but if I had one particular negative its that the colour palette is very monochrome. Would be nice to see some more colours offered.

The red one is a 265.

Scott has taken lots of photos, I can assume he has taken more of the red one, but he's got limited access to wifi, so is sending what he has as and when. He'll have lots more to share over the coming days, he'll be flying back later on from Barca, then has to commute back home to Bristol. So bear with us. :)

They have a limited number of cars available for the assembled media, so he's obviously gone for what he could as soon as he could, and I'm sure to most people the 280 is the goto version, rather than the 265.

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yes optional, not available though at launch, from June apparently.

That's fine as I have just bought the Octy on PCP for 3 years so by the time I am ready to px i will be moving back to the fold I reckon and one of these with the bucket seats will be on order [B)]

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
All looks very nice :)
I want one! will have to be and am still happy with the 184 though :)

Out of those colors it would have to be red or grey for me really.
I agree that there should be a few lairy colors like yellow and green, and Alor blue looks nice, although I do like Subaru blue or maybe Blue from the Skyline R34 :)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Looks better in grey than white , as I have already said seems to suit darker colours than lighter colours.
With the optional extras coming out would be better to hold off ordering one until options prices confirmed.
Buckets should have been standard IMHO it's what makes a car for me.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Probably missing the vanity cover deliberately - same as the lack of paint on the SEAT cover too £££ saving in the extreme

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Don't worry about the DSG pause. This happens because he is in S mode. It will only change up when it can register that the car has sufficient momentum to stop the car bogging down on the gear change. It will hold revs until the car gets going. It used to happen all the time in my old car before I found out what was happening.
If he was in manual mode you could change up straight away at the greater risk of bogging down. S mode is properly crap for launches and crap in general tbh, I never did see the point in it.

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
Admittedly I'm not a big fan of orange cars but the orange vinyl on the black paint looks outstanding… I'd be tempted to look into getting either a Speed Blue or Dakota Red wrap if I decide to go for a Cupra

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
SEAT UK have wrapped the car in orange matt vinyl before anyone thinks you can buy it in that colour :)

Scott

That colour makes the car IMHO , I wonder of they are experimenting with different colours as wraps to see how they are perceived ?

Scott did you enjoy the dsg ?

Just one thing from that guys review in the orange Cupra , he says that then clutch and gearbox is too light ? But he's driving a dsg ????
Where there any manual cars at the day ?

Mar 13, 2010
Seems like the 280 is a little bit of a bargain compared to similar models in other brands.

Id be wanting a manual 280, with brembo's if i was looking at one.