Coil pack gone

Rayner1990

Feb 11, 2011
Scunthorpe
Hello everyone

My coil pack gone and i replaced it with new one from tps 29 quid which wasn't to bad

Just after some advice off you guys

Will it be better for me to replace the other two now?

Also will the other two coils be on there way out also??

Cheers advance jamie

Mk4 ibiza 1.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Depends how much money you have to spend on your car or if you need it every day without fail.

Personally I would wait and see. To save being stranded it may be worth the £30 to have a spare ready. ?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Having a spare one in the boot is no bad thing now that you've seen that they can fail. I tend to keep a spare one in the boot of my wife's Polo 1.4, since it was new in September 2002, it has gone through two, each time I fitted used ones from ebay - same brand (Eldor made in Italy) as originally fitted at factory - okay I lied slightly, second one was changed twice but first time round I was stuck and fitted a used Beru one and it lasted about 9 months, Car is now at 97,000, so some of them will last quite a long time. So, I'm still using the older part numbered ones in the belief that I'm buying quality used coils manufactured in traditional Europe and not in some still developing new European state!

In my world, where and if possible I don't buy coils from any company that starts with "B" !! If I ever get brave enough to have a look at the ones fitted to my B8 S4, I'll be gutted if I find "B" any where on them.

Last edited:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Whether or not you should replace them all depends on your car's mileage I'd say.

If you're past 60k and one has failed, I'd change them all. I don't think the others will be far behind. And I'd keep a used but working one spare, either in the garage or if you're often going long distance regularly, in the boot.

It's perfectly acceptable to just change the broken one if you want. It's just me being a perfectionist again...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.