Rear wiper

Juve

Feb 9, 2014
Reading
Hello all,

I've recently bought an 05 Leon FR, 180 bhp. The car is great and from the looks of it it was taken caren of. The only issue is the rear wiper which is not working.
I've searched the forum but couldn't find any topics related to this. Strangly enough the washer is working and every other electric on the car.
I already checked the fuses and they look fine.
I've seen the thread related to the boot latch but I don't think this is the issue cause i
I don't have the boot light on, the light in the boot closes when i close itand the washer works ( if I remember correctly this wasn't working with the latch issue ).
Any ideas would be more than welcome.

Cheers,

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
What exactly is wrong with it? Is it not turning when you turn it on? If so provably failure of the motor behind boot trim.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Juve

Feb 9, 2014
Reading
Thanks Dave,

Nope, it doesn't do anything. No buzzing sound nothing. Any idea how to remove the trim in order to get to the motor?

Cheers,

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
There are two screws under the grab handle, remove them then it pops off. It's quite difficult and you have to be forceful but gentle at the same time. Be careful you don't crack the trim though. Getting it back on is even worse, it's a job I woukdnt want to do again!

Juve

Feb 9, 2014
Reading
Thanks Dave,

I'll have a look and see if I can find a testing tool to check if I get any voltage to the motor first.

Cheers mate

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
If you search for rear washer you will.find a few threads that talk about getting the trim off as lots of us have had the washer line disconnect from.the washer in behind the boot trim.

Juve

Feb 9, 2014
Reading
I've seen that but mine actually works. The wiper is the issue.
I'll check the threads again for details on taking out the trim.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.