Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Did this the other day and everything was fine for a week or so, checked again and now the water i p~ssing back in from the passenger door.

Easy enough but a pain in the arse, going to remove the entire panel next time, couldnt get all the gunk out of the grooves in the door so the butyl wasn't seated correctly i think

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Finally stopped the water getting into the car ;)

9CEA8E44-orig.jpg

And also discovered somewhere else the water had been getting in, this is behind a bracket that supports the metal tube behind the dashboard:

FD663E5C-orig.jpg

:rolleyes:

Apr 22, 2010
Leicester
did this today, really was not too hard at all! (thats saying something if i can do it!)

the seal especially round the speakers was almost non existent, put an extra run of butyl on the outside in that area just to be sure! took less than 2 hours to do all 4 doors

photo3_zps0051f829.jpg

slyce

Cool. Did you use the guide, I've found it but the pics don't show up? Any chance you have the guide with the pics, I'm trying it next weekend, weather permitting?!

Cheers

Ryanisadipper

I think this has happened to mine as I discovered the passenger footwell is soaked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ritchie624

Aug 19, 2013
Swindon
Anyone else had airbag sensor problems after this, I have repaired the seals and removed the crash sensor from the crossmember dried it out filled it with electric cleaner now need to wipe codes and retry it. Can you clear everything by removing battery?? I don't have vagcom or vcds

Sent from my iPhone using Pigs tits

rcky89

Jul 24, 2013
West Sussex
I have a leak and it looks like its coming in from above the throttle pedal. I take it that would be the wiring box that lee was on about. If so, whats the fix for this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise