Wet Footwells

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Done nine last week and still leaking so gonna have to have another go and see what the drain holes are like. :censored:

demonic pete

Apr 1, 2013
leeds
Just found this out myself,the front and passenger rear footwells are all dry but the drivers rear footwell was soaked.Ive noticed after i wash it that the water level is nearly up tp the seals on the black sills at the front.Would you go for the full seal kit and check the rear water reg seal or does it need both the drivers side doors doing.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
I done mine but still wet. Checked drain holes at bottom and there clear. Will have to take door cards off again. Proper annoying. [:@]

machman

Feb 4, 2014
kent
only had my car for a week,noticed ive got the same problem ,soaking wet rear footwells,damp front,what with the constant steaming up windows and damp musty smell not what you'd expect from a high spec car:shrug:
Will have a go at replacing the seals if it stops rainning for five minutes,and then try and dry the carpet.
excellent site ,with some very knowledgable people onboard[B)]

bournemouthal

need more cash for bits!!
Jan 6, 2014
Bournemouth
I'm in the middle of doing this - got drivers side done, but rained off on getting the passenger side sorted, boo!

wet vacs good, (I wonder if the fuel stations vac is made for water though!!??) and I'm finishing off the drying with the dehumidifier in the car sitting in the boot. Its been in for 3 days and pulled nearly 3l of water out, going to keep it in til it stops pulling water out I suppose

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Done mine again today think I missed a couple of bits at the bottom. I've also sealed over the top of the metal carrier. So now there's a thick seal round the whole of the edge. That better stop it then I'll put the dehumidifier back in if it's all good. Fingers crossed. :whistle:

Benjuan

Feb 14, 2013
Wakefield
I have the exact same problem with my drivers side rear footwell, pretty certain it's coming from the driver's side door. Might try and have a look this weekend if it's dry but I'll probably end up having to take it to the garage

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
I'm in the middle of doing this - got drivers side done, but rained off on getting the passenger side sorted, boo!

wet vacs good, (I wonder if the fuel stations vac is made for water though!!??) and I'm finishing off the drying with the dehumidifier in the car sitting in the boot. Its been in for 3 days and pulled nearly 3l of water out, going to keep it in til it stops pulling water out I suppose

That's a good idea on the dehumidifier. I'll have to look into one of those.

I have the exact same problem with my drivers side rear footwell, pretty certain it's coming from the driver's side door. Might try and have a look this weekend if it's dry but I'll probably end up having to take it to the garage

I'm in the same boat pal (no pun intended) although I have asked my mechanic if I can steal some workshop space to complete mine which he has agreed too. :)
If you know yours well they may let you do the same?!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Benjuan

Feb 14, 2013
Wakefield
what sealant are you using mate, might get it ordered today and have a crack at it on my day off through the week

Apr 22, 2010
Leicester
this stuffs still the same price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Butyl-Tap..._Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item33820ea64c

I did my doors today, took a bit under 2 hrs to complete and was pretty easy to do (and im rubbish)

photo3_zps0051f829.jpg

just need to get it fully dry and give it a good wash to see if thats fixed the problem!

Last edited:

machman

Feb 4, 2014
kent
spent most of today and yesterday resealing all my doors,like a lot of you have found the previous owner had tried to seal along the lower edge with silicone so had to get that off before i could put the butyl on.
Not a difficult job just a bit time comsuming,hope it does the trick put plenty on so when i tightend the panel it oozed out.
All ive got to do now is soak up the lake under the sound proofing get rid of the musty smell and hope that the pollen filter and or bonnet release gromit are not leaking also.:D

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise