So who washed their car today?

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
So the sun was shining for once, who took advantage of the weather and gave their car a clean?

Only recently got into detailing and spent quite a bit on products already but not had chance to give the car a proper clean, waiting for the better weather for that..

So for now I snowfoam followed by 2 bucket wash and then finish off with spraying on Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer while drying the car at the same time, the shine this stuff gives off is amazing and is so simple to use..

So here's today's efforts..

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Looks great mate! What do you do with the Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, are you saying you spray it on when the cars still wet then buff it off? I'll have to try it, never noticed it before but it gets good reviews!

Washed mine yesterday too, first time in ages, my autumn detail seems to be holding up pretty well! Can't wait for another couple of months I'll give it the summer detail, far too much salt and crap on the roads up here just now. So much tar on it I didn't want to buff it with rapid detailer!

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Looks great mate! What do you do with the Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, are you saying you spray it on when the cars still wet then buff it off? I'll have to try it, never noticed it before but it gets good reviews!

Washed mine yesterday too, first time in ages, my autumn detail seems to be holding up pretty well! Can't wait for another couple of months I'll give it the summer detail, far too much salt and crap on the roads up here just now. So much tar on it I didn't want to buff it with rapid detailer!

Yes Daz, i leave the car for 5 mins after final rinse then spray it on the wet car give it a wipe over removing most of the excess water with a microfibre cloth, then buff off with a dry microfibre cloth.. so 2 birds with one stone really and the difference is really noticeable straight away!

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
If you like trying different products give carpro reload a go, use it on my mk3 thats emocion red, if i can photoshop my number plate off ill post a pic, theres a post on here when it had a new carpro cquartz ceramic detail 3 month ago

That stuff your using looks good as well

Last edited:

Mk1-Jack

De-tarred clay barred , washed , polished and waxed mine ,

your car is looking fresh

jellybabybandit

May 1, 2007
Done the ibiza FR today after a winter of grime and dirt. Pics ain't the best

C60CAE05-A420-425D-BE23-7282FC9FE7E3_zpsrlkaw3gi.jpg

9A1B4C1D-DA7F-4BAB-ADC0-F4BE8C898E5D_zpszkltkxep.jpg

48A4EAF0-C669-4C35-8AD4-EE56756C0A6A_zpsyakrec9p.jpg

C915B603-2F0B-445E-BD8A-35DE8A57717F_zps4lnpj3kp.jpg

leonsussex96

Apr 26, 2014
Brighton
Yep gave mine a decent cleaning mainly on the inside; hovered the mats and seats, cleaned the interior and even decided to get some fabric freshener to get things smelling sweet again.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.