Engine Build

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com
Few bits and bobs have been arriving lately,
I now have 2 different sets of rods from 2 separate manufacturers, Both sets have been
dropped off to a local engineering firm for inspection,

20140106_162137_zpsbxo0azwr.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Boost hard, I think ive just figured out who you are on facebook (shows how much I use it)
I did see the post yesterday before it was edited, however there are many more outlets and vendors in this country than there were a few years ago when I bought mine so might not go too quickly/ group buys etc undercut you

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com
Yeah. I am considering all the angles before I commit to anything of huge expense. I have 2 sets here now and another set of riffle drilled rods on there way to me which have been supplied to me as a sample. You'd be surprised how little steel rods actually cost from a manufacturer. The retailers are adding on quite a margin. Even if my little project helps drive the current retailers prices down I will consider it a win.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com
Few more parts arrived since the last update,

FMIC piping..............

Uniroyal RainSport 3's

Another set of Rods..........

This is the 3" Downpipe and De-cat I'll be fitting aswell

The car is being dropped off to have the wheels refurbed tomorrow and to have the new tyres fitted.

I plan to pull the car off the road mid March to get everything fitted and then it will be a trip back to Bill's for a decent stage 2 map.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Just a quick heads up if that's the relentless DP and decat, it designed for an S3 so not a straight fit to a LCR
It will hang lower to clear a prop we don't have and our system mates in a flange to the catback

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Did the clock the markings on the rods but didn't think about the downpipes;)
Also if you've got a fine tooth ratchet it makes getting the downpipe nuts off so much easier

anni25pd

Jul 23, 2012
glasgow/ayrshire
Yeah. I am considering all the angles before I commit to anything of huge expense. I have 2 sets here now and another set of riffle drilled rods on there way to me which have been supplied to me as a sample. You'd be surprised how little steel rods actually cost from a manufacturer. The retailers are adding on quite a margin. Even if my little project helps drive the current retailers prices down I will consider it a win.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Seems a nice build you got on the go! Will be following. Care to share how to buy rods direct from manufacturer ?? Seems rifle drilled is way to go for longevity of engine. Also wouldn't mind bit more info on that downpipe & decat??
Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.