My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Continuing with the 6 Pots...

Hi All,

Done a bit more on my brake calipers today. Flattened a little more before spraying the final coats of base coat.

DSC_0668_zps517bbb8b.jpg

DSC_0668_zpsa001e124.jpg

DSC_0677_zps32780830.jpg

I’m on leave this week but have plans over the next couple of days so won’t get to do anymore until Thursday. Although its 2K paint and has cured really well, I’m sure it won’t hurt them to completely dry before applying the Brembo transfers and applying a few thin coats of 2K clear. I’m trying to get everything as mint as possible, but durable too, and I’m really happy with how things are progressing.

Whilst the paint was drying, I replaced a painted vent piece as the original had chipped…

DSC_0674_zps2b42fef6.jpg

DSC_0676_zps8933301d.jpg

I’ve done a lot to the chassis over the years and it’s in pretty good order for an 11 yr old car. However, when I remove the brakes, I’m going to trim the arch liners and stone chip the arches to future proof them. I’ve spoken with Arch Enemy recently about rolling my arches but their agents are not close enough to Norfolk to come and do them :cry: The rears are already factory rolled so I’m either going to hire or buy an arch roller and do them myself. The videos on YouTube are fairly straight forward, and I like to give everything a go. For anyone who has felt under their arches, there’s a lip which protrudes the arch liner; by tucking this in, it’ll avoid any final tyre rub; externally it’ll look exactly the same.
I’m also going to fit a Golf R32 23mm Front ARB, which I’m trying to source on the cheap (like a bargain), along with my Powerflex Dog Bone Mount which I put together THREE YEARS AGO!!!

I’ve got loads of jobs to do before I can get onto dropping the rear axle, upgrading the rear brakes to a custom 312mm set-up and stone chipping the rear, etc. Lots of jobs…

DSC_0683_zpsf0101e4c.jpg

Thanks for reading! Hopefully the updates get more exciting as March arrives and I have quite a bit of Annual Leave booked :D

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Great attention to detail as always mate :) Brakes look top!

Love the full boot of goodies too :D

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Great attention to detail as always mate :) Brakes look top!

Love the full boot of goodies too :D

Cheers as always Tom.

Managed to steal an hour this morning before heading out so I 1500 flattened the calipers, applied the stickers and laid the first costs of 2k lacquer at a ratio of 2:1 with 10% thinners. The picture was taken before being sprayed, but they're looking good and I'm hoping to have the last coats on tonight/ tomorrow before building them back up on Thursday :)

81EABC44-7E19-4BE9-9D89-0B5746D317FE_zpsiuxovdor.jpg

Last edited:

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Nice progress james, love seeing the attention to detail you have. Seeing this makes me want to keep mine and lavish the same amount of attention on it.

Looking forward to the summer so I can get cracking on the list of jobs I have.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Nice progress james, love seeing the attention to detail you have. Seeing this makes me want to keep mine and lavish the same amount of attention on it.

Looking forward to the summer so I can get cracking on the list of jobs I have.

Yes, the weather was pretty nice today and certainly made me want to potter with the car, although I couldn't.

I have however managed to put the final coats of lacquer on this evening once I cleaned my spray gun (minor hiccup).

ADC75F2E-7F5C-4818-92A7-3D2987C34BD6_zpsg2ownto6.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can build them up with the new parts gathered, and I'm hoping to get out and do the rear wiper delete, which I've wanted to do for a while. Just need to work out how to remove the plastic panel?

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
I'm guessing you mean the interior boot panel? It's 2 screws inside the handle recesses (1 each) and then remove the light covers, locate the fixing clips and slowly but firmly pull the panel until you've unclipped the whole panel.

Top quality work as always, makes me wish I wasn't so impatient when doing buts to mine :p

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Yes, the weather was pretty nice today and certainly made me want to potter with the car, although I couldn't.

I have however managed to put the final coats of lacquer on this evening once I cleaned my spray gun (minor hiccup).

ADC75F2E-7F5C-4818-92A7-3D2987C34BD6_zpsg2ownto6.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can build them up with the new parts gathered, and I'm hoping to get out and do the rear wiper delete, which I've wanted to do for a while. Just need to work out how to remove the plastic panel?

Lol something I know and have done, if you need help just shout :D

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
I'm guessing you mean the interior boot panel? It's 2 screws inside the handle recesses (1 each) and then remove the light covers, locate the fixing clips and slowly but firmly pull the panel until you've unclipped the whole panel.

Top quality work as always, makes me wish I wasn't so impatient when doing buts to mine :p

Thanks for the guidance mate, that's much appreciated:)

You sticking with the split rims this year? I spoke to my wife about some new wheels yesterday evening, showed her some pictures, told her how rare and expensive they are and the response I got was "it's your Birthday soon" :funk: I'm not sure I actually want any wheels yet but it might be nice to get some one day. There's loads of other bits that should really take priority - a respray being the obvious pressing one.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.