BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Yeah I have the same keys.

Do you just cut the spare key or how does it open?

I was able to pry the spare key apart with my fingers ;) the transponder though is a small glass capsule and if you break it while trying to get it out it's bad news. It took me about two hours with some nail polish remover and a sewing needle trying to melt the glue haha! What we do for our cars :p

Earlesscube

Sep 10, 2013
Rep. of Ireland
So you just happen to have nail polish remover handy did you?! hahaha

Aye might just buy one of flea bay and see what the craic is, no harm in trying unless i break it haha

Earlesscube

Sep 10, 2013
Rep. of Ireland
Ok so Dave another question,

I opened up my spare non remote key and the transponder aint glued in(typical Seat) so thats good.

I was looking at flea bay and there a few ones but how do you know the part number you should be going for?
I culdnt find any inside the keys

CraigyG93

Ok so Dave another question,

I opened up my spare non remote key and the transponder aint glued in(typical Seat) so thats good.

I was looking at flea bay and there a few ones but how do you know the part number you should be going for?

That is good. Check the side of your button key to see what mhz it is. Mine is 434mhz as there is different ones on ebay

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
The part numbers that I've found to work are 1JO 959 753... Ending in either CT, AG (2 button) or DA (3 button). Hope you've got one of those?
That is good. Check the side of your button key to see what mhz it is. Mine is 434mhz as there is different ones on ebay
Whether 433 or 434 is printed it doesn't really matter, it's the same number just rounded up or down :)

Get some pictures guys, always like seeing what you guys are doing to these mk4s on the other side of the sea [B)]

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
I had a red 1.2, a blue 1.4, a black pd130 mapped and now a standard platinum grey 130 because the black one was problematic! If you've got Facebook I've got pictures on there?