Luck

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
Oh yeahh, i have wind deflectors good little mod they were, especially when you need a bit of fresh air in the wet weather! Yeah mine definitely need tinting however that may disguise a few stickers that i have in the rear side windows.
I agree with you on the lowering just the 25/40mm drop on mine has transformed the look but for me doesn't quite do it enough.
Sound system is good for saying its only front speakers, i think the bass has took its toll on my right speaker tho because its recently started to crackle. Overall tho reasonable system.

I keep hearing people saying that there are only front speakers, yet the S that I've currently got as a hire car has front and rear speakers, plus tweeters in the A pillars, and my FR certainly has all the speaker grilles in all the right places! Have SEAT perhaps started adding the full compliment of speakers back in?

Last edited:

BenRussell38

Mar 20, 2013
Derby
Yeah Enog, my FR has the tweeters and two front speakers but definitely nothing in the rear. I only ever see the CUPRA and BOC advertised with 6 speakers. So its a suprise to see them in the S trim. I can't remember seeing it as a optional extra either when i bought my car.
Also i have the grilles in at the rear but nothing behind them.

Last edited:

BenRussell38

Mar 20, 2013
Derby
The red looks lovely, I've only ever seen white and black ones :)

On the subject of speakers my 2012 Fr has blown front speakers, I took it to Seat last week and they're replacing them under warranty so worth a trip to the dealer! I've only had the car 2 weeks and the speakers were dodgy from the start making a sort of distorted farting noise so I'm glad they're getting sorted.

You reckon i could try that even tho i'm coming up to my second year?

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
Yeah Enog, my FR has the tweeters and two front speakers but definitely nothing in the rear. I only ever see the CUPRA and BOC advertised with 6 speakers. So its a suprise to see them in the S trim. I can't remember seeing it as a optional extra either when i bought my car.

That's quite surprising, there's definitely rears in the S as I can fade the audio front and rear. I'll be pretty annoyed with the dealer if there's no rears in the FR when I pick it up, as they've assured me that there is!

Fordyfr

That's quite surprising, there's definitely rears in the S as I can fade the audio front and rear. I'll be pretty annoyed with the dealer if there's no rears in the FR when I pick it up, as they've assured me that there is!

Hope so! Surely if there's not you can fit some after market ones behind the grills

BenRussell38

Mar 20, 2013
Derby
Yeah it is possible however i spoke to a local company about doing them and they said that there wouldn't be any wiring so it wouldn't just be a plug in job.
Let me know if your FR's do come with 6 speakers, if they do i may go in and mention mine hasn't got them!

JonIbizaSC

Speed Blue
Jan 25, 2011
Worcestershire
On my 11 plate Ibiza SC I had the 6 speakers all round. Went back twice for the speakers to be replaced though due to said 'Farting noises' haha.

Congrats with the purchase!

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
Well, having looked on Seat's configurator, the FR is supposed to come with 6 speakers as standard as of 2012:

12660006494_87aef65a42_o.png

So should be all good on that front, and a good complain at the dealer if it doesn't!

Fordyfr

Good snooping! Definitely haha be one of the first things I check

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester

My boc only has the tweeters and two front speakers. When i asked they said it was budget cuts on the 61 plate along with the silver alloys instead of gunmetal grey :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fordyfr

My boc only has the tweeters and two front speakers. When i asked they said it was budget cuts on the 61 plate along with the silver alloys instead of gunmetal grey :(

Is there still grilles in the back of it though or not?

Fordyfr

Haha wounder pal, I take it it's your first automatic car? What's your scope on the DSG out of interest?

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
Haha wounder pal, I take it it's your first automatic car? What's your scope on the DSG out of interest?

Haha yeah what i thought when i found out! Yeah it is my first auto and tbh i love it, country lanes etc its smooth with quick seamless gear changes and great fun on the paddles :D it can get a bit upset town driving in D but this has only happened on the odd occasion out of two and a bit years ownership (probably more the driver then the gearbox). The only thing that i had to get used to was the small delay when pulling off at islands etc as you haven't got control of the clutch, but thats a small price to pay for the enjoyment you get from it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.