New Leon FR Owner

LeonDood

Jan 29, 2014
Hey guys, new to the forum.

Recently purchased a Seat Leon FR TFSI (MK2). Its a black 2006 plate with only 27k miles.(genuine I hope!). Had just 1 previous owner who was an old man (so am told) so hardly been used so is immaculate inside and out! Really pleased with it overall, love the power and great all round to drive, a big improvement from my Polo 6n. :)

Everything is standard on the car at the moment, plan to keep it this way for now just whilst am getting used to the change of driving a much bigger and more powerful car. Only thing I've fitted is a dash cam and a tracker.
Despite only covering 27k miles, I don't believe the cambelt/waterpump has ever been changed so that'll probably be next, I think its supposed to be done every 4 years regardless of mileage?

I have a few minor niggles with the car as well such as: (if anyone can comment that'd be helpful)
  • My emissions light coming on the dash board (had my ECU reset and seems fine now, was told that if it comes back on then I need to have my turbo checked out as could be loosing boost?)
  • Sqeaking sound upon starting my car from cold (belt from the alternator maybe?)
  • Rattle from the exhaust (cold start)
  • Bit of moisture on the inside of the oil cap (mayo looking substance, might just need to clear out the filters etc, give it a good long run)

I'll be on here for a while whilst I have the Leon, alot of good and useful information, some cracking looking cars too! :D

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Welcome mate, not sure on some of the faults, but the mayo + the low mileage for a '06 is probably just a result of short journeys and the engine not getting up to temp and burning off condensation rather than the other reason (Head Gasket failure).

Give her a 10+ mile run and get up to temperature and it should clear it.

In fact some of your other issues maybe relating to low mileage & the car not getting up to temp (rattle in exhaust could be a rotted baffle). Likewise on the emissions, sensors could be caked in deposits in the exhaust system from short journeys. Get it out on a run and she should be running well after that.

Cambelt would need replacing if it hasn't been done yet, see SEATs "it's fixed" dealer servicing promise if you haven't got a local independent you trust, should set you back £299 on the petrol + extra £40 or so for a waterpump (may as well do at the same time as the belt has to come off and be replaced if you needed to do it afterwards).

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.