Compbrake Top Mounts

Looking at buying a set shortly, but ive read a couple threads saying they need mod'ing to fit.

Ebay number 280857888163

Is this true?

Anyone actually running a set?

Also on their site it says ' PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR SIZE OF SLEEVE NUT AND WASHER (M12x1.25, M12x1.50, M14x1.50 OR M17)'
Is this the thread size of the shock?

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
I have a set they do need work to fit the inner turrets need to be trimmed, I've had mine 4 months and going to fit them sometime over the weekend will get some pics up when I've done it
I rang them and wasn't sure what size thread washer I need so the guy I spoke to sent me the 3 different ones as a good deed as I had no way of telling which one would be right :)

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I've just bought a set for my mk2 and they not a straight bolt on fit. What I didn't like was I emailed them first to check that they would 100% fit and had a "yes my friend" reply, like hell they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Will find out tomorrow. I've found some D2 Racing mounts I want so have asked Comp Brakes for a full refund including my postage for returning them as I was told "they 100% fit my friend" before I placed my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG4244

Sep 20, 2008
Dartford kent
Got to be honest had no problem with compbrake, rang them up, very helpful in selection of the collar size and nut thread etc and they took me almost 15 minutes to fit nothing difficult, just a quick go around the inside hole of turret with a die grinder and a little spray and they were on, only thing I will say is if you've got coil overs there probably progressively wound front springs, think you'll need 2 1/4" race springs for them to work

Got to be honest had no problem with compbrake, rang them up, very helpful in selection of the collar size and nut thread etc and they took me almost 15 minutes to fit nothing difficult, just a quick go around the inside hole of turret with a die grinder and a little spray and they were on, only thing I will say is if you've got coil overs there probably progressively wound front springs, think you'll need 2 1/4" race springs for them to work

Im running bilstein b16 coiles with slim front springs (60mm ID)so should be fine and i have 4 race springs in me garage

Think ill order a set :)

Is this correct?

20130406_115006_zps8b06a804.jpg

20130406_115011_zpsd37f91aa.jpg

Spring seat top mount bearing then the spacer then the compbrake mount?

Compbrake told the mounts or car dont need moding to fit lol

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
where could i get these strut tops from? i run weitec coilovers which are pretty similar to how the stock ones look spring wise (thin at the top/bottomand thicker in the middle with an adjustable body. ive not looked at the car in months and now i think its time to get it sorted

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.