Leon Cupra 280 In Showroom

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
Hi all

yesterday was out and about in car. Passing a Seat dealer decided to call in to ask about spoiler and noticed new 5 door Leon Cupra 280 in the showroom. Took opportunity to look at the spoiler and realised it is completely different to after market one for FR. The brake light is built into the spoiler on the Cupra. Also noticed that it only had the Cupra emblem badge on back and no 280 underneath. Here are a few pics which I took with my phone hence they are not very good.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Is it me, or is it just not special enough? Kinda looks too much like the FR.
I would have expected the rear bumper to be different and the front to be more aggressive?

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I think it looks really good. It is basically the same as the FR apart from tiny differences (most of which you could add something similar as options or even a bit of black vinyl) but that is not a bad thing.

The main thing is that the 3dr looks soooo much better than the 5 door ;-)

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I don't get why it doesn't have the 280 badge on it.........

Factory oversight or factory amendment, remembering that all these dealer demo Cupra's were ordered in November. Could be that the badges had not been manufactured or have been added to later builds to differentiate. If anyone was to buy the demo, be nice to request a free badge upgrade. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
Hi all

Do you think it is because the SC is available in both 265 and 280 and this is a way to distinguish them. The 5 door is only available in the 280. Personally I would want the badge on.

jaredg

I agree, the seats look a bit basic and cheap. I would expect cupra logos and more side bolster

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Looking at the pics I think I might put some gloss black vinyl on the two small bits either side of the front plate. The cupra reviews say it has a bigger front air intake but you can clearly see it's just the FR bumper with that bit painted black and some slots in it.

Last edited:

coxxic

Sep 29, 2006
CZ
www.absolutsystem.com
seems to be most likely an early demo specs car without the proper badge as the 280 badge on 5 door cupra does exist...

cupra_11.jpg

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I hope mine comes with the 280 badge, but think the look is just right, I want to be a wolf in sheep's clothing and not like some of these over the top looks (Honda Civic Type R, Astra extreme etc) but I'm a 50 plus boy racer, time changes the man. Still fast on a bike too.

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
I agree with you Seastormer, they have got the look pretty much spot on (with the exception of the side skirts which I have ordered for mine). Nothing to brash or flamboyant. A car that can blend in with the crowd but stand out upon closer inspection and of course when you put your foot down!

Last edited:

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Factory oversight or factory amendment, remembering that all these dealer demo Cupra's were ordered in November. Could be that the badges had not been manufactured or have been added to later builds to differentiate. If anyone was to buy the demo, be nice to request a free badge upgrade. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sat in a dealer 3 door demo model (Cupra 280 DSG) and the foot rest did not have a metal cover on it but I am sure I saw press pictures from SEAT which showed this (so it matches up with the brake and accelerator)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise