Blanco92's Ibiza Mk4 1.2 - RIP.

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Love your car mate! All those little things that makes in total big difference. Got a one question thou, mate.

P1040208.jpg

What did you use there to make it look piano / shiny ? Planing to do same with mine but use colour code red, but wanted it too look piano / shiny like yours.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Kali, in all fairness that was done by a pro, I was getting other bits colour-coded at the same time so it thought why not.

But i think you could get as a good a finish, just make sure you use a plastic primer, then paint and a coat of lacquer. If you don't use a plastic primer then any paint you do WILL just flake off again. Otherwise, just don't rush it, and you'll do a good job :)

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Kali, in all fairness that was done by a pro, I was getting other bits colour-coded at the same time so it thought why not.

But i think you could get as a good a finish, just make sure you use a plastic primer, then paint and a coat of lacquer. If you don't use a plastic primer then any paint you do WILL just flake off again. Otherwise, just don't rush it, and you'll do a good job :)

Cheers mate. Got all the paints so figure out I can do that. Any ideas how many layers of each paint I need to cover?

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I wouldn't layer it too much mate, I'd be scared of ending up with too much paint and then it all scrapes off trying to refit it :lol:

I'd just go with one coat of paint and lacquer. But be a little generous, you want to be sure you've covered it :)

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
I wouldn't layer it too much mate, I'd be scared of ending up with too much paint and then it all scrapes off trying to refit it :lol:

I'd just go with one coat of paint and lacquer. But be a little generous, you want to be sure you've covered it :)

Alright cheers mate! :) Will do mine soon and post some photos.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Heartbreaking news.

I'm afraid this car is no more guys.

I had an accident in it a couple of weeks or so ago, and it was my fault. Absolutely gutted.

I still have the car, but will refrain from posting pictures, I'd rather it be remembered as it should be.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Very true, I have another Ibiza now but to be honest it's not a patch on the old one. I can't get excited about it.

Very strong little cars these mk4s (in accidents). Would recommend them to anyone.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Very true, I have another Ibiza now but to be honest it's not a patch on the old one. I can't get excited about it.

Very strong little cars these mk4s (in accidents). Would recommend them to anyone.

Me too! I'm on my third now and possibly going to look at another tomorrow :D

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Me too! I'm on my third now and possibly going to look at another tomorrow :D
Good luck, hope it's a good'un, I viewed 3 before buying the Ibiza I got the other week. There's a lot of really bad ones around.
When my first 1.2 got wrote off, I didn't have the same enthusiasm when it came to modifying with the second one, now the mk5 cupra is when the modifying bug came back :D
Definitely feeling that now mate. Find myself doing a few of the same mods over again but this time there's no enjoyment. Dreading insurance renewal time coming round... I presume it goes mental after an accident?

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
I know mate I got my 1.4 after my crash and couldn't complain for the £800 I paid it didn't miss a beat then I thought I got a bargain with my pd130 for 1,200 but it's been problem after problem so already car shopping for another 6 months on!

What engine you had this time?

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
What engine you had this time?
It's another 1.2. Only difference is this one is black and has ABS. And a multitude of warning lights on the dash as standard haha
Yeh it's **** mate, is defiantly recommend getting a different type of engine to change the way you modify it, the cupra is a lot harder to modify than a 1.2 but it's such a good learning experience at the same time
Haha, epic fail by me then!

I did test drive a facelift 1.4 but the performance wasn't that different to the 1.2. Also test drove a facelift PD100 which was nice but insurance was a killer on that one.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Will you be able to salvage any of your mods to put on the new ibiza?
Yeah I've a lot of bits to swap over mate, already cracked on and done a bit but there's more to do. Swapped over the headlights (and wiring mod), FR front bumper grilles, fog lights, interior, steering wheel and boot light :lol:

I bought the car back from the insurance so I've got a lot to play with. I've got the engine and gearbox out of the old car, will be swapping them into the new one at some point in the near future. The new one has a noisy gearbox and the engine hasn't had the timing chain mod, so I figured I'd swap them both over.

I will at some point post another RR, perhaps when/if I ever start loving the new one.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I did mate, and have already done so on my second Ibiza ;) hardest part was not the wiring, but getting a wire through from the front of the car to the back of the headlight switch. Pedro did not make it easy for us!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
I did mate, and have already done so on my second Ibiza ;) hardest part was not the wiring, but getting a wire through from the front of the car to the back of the headlight switch. Pedro did not make it easy for us!

Where did you get the wire though? I already have the foglights and the switch so better get thinking haha!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members