Ow not that mk5 Ibiza again.....

t.oldaker

SFS Performance Hoses Rep
Jul 5, 2011
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
:p love the look of this too much now so happy how its come out!!!

1909226_10153834972325468_306093844_o.jpg

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
Does look sweet man. I'm tempted with 18s but not sure if I can deal with the ride quality being any worse haha.
Is the vario splitter adjustable? I like it but not sure if I like it on the standard sport bumper.
With the 18s what j did you go for and what size tyres?

How much did the arch gap close from 17s to 18s ?

t.oldaker

Jul 5, 2011
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
Does look sweet man. I'm tempted with 18s but not sure if I can deal with the ride quality being any worse haha.
Is the vario splitter adjustable? I like it but not sure if I like it on the standard sport bumper.
With the 18s what j did you go for and what size tyres?

How much did the arch gap close from 17s to 18s ?

Im running 8 j 18's with 205/35's up front and 215/35's on the rear I didnt see much change in arch gap closing as i was running 215/40's on the 17 inch 8j's before. I just modified the coilovers some more to properly dump it like it is now. :)

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
Ok cool, how did you choose the tyre sizes appropriate? I want some poke, but not sure how
Much stretch I will need. Although mine is not as low as yours , I can't get mine any lower..

t.oldaker

Jul 5, 2011
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
Ok cool, how did you choose the tyre sizes appropriate? I want some poke, but not sure how
Much stretch I will need. Although mine is not as low as yours , I can't get mine any lower..

I didnt i just went with the ones that would best fit the car :) the rolling radius is slightly bigger so the speedo is slightly off but nothing noticeable!

Ahhh there is always a way to go lower just a question of if you want to sacrifice the comfort :p

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
I'm looking into future arch mods like the SC Trophy. Trying to get my head around possible wheel sizes and tyre sizes that will fit. I want a lot of negative offset and a wide concave wheel. I guess I'll wait till I've got the funds for the arch mods and see what the people who are working on it think.

t.oldaker

Jul 5, 2011
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
OMG you're the guy iv seen driving around bournemouth haha!:p iv got the Dakota Red cupra that goes through winton every now and then!,

Haha yes that will be me kinda hard to find another mk5 like it lol :) There is also a white boc parked round the corner from me but yet to find out who owns it and if they are on here or any other forums :) How you enjoying the cupra?

JoeySnowboards

Cupra 6J Dakota Red
Apr 4, 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Haha yes that will be me kinda hard to find another mk5 like it lol :) There is also a white boc parked round the corner from me but yet to find out who owns it and if they are on here or any other forums :) How you enjoying the cupra?

yeah seen that haha, the car is like no other car iv ever driven!, want to do so many things to it but im broke atm haha;P, not that bad on fuel either if driven right:), love your car btw!, also can i ask where did you get the roof rack!, iv been looking everywhere as i wanna put my mountain bike on it when i go to my mrs..?

t.oldaker

Jul 5, 2011
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
yeah seen that haha, the car is like no other car iv ever driven!, want to do so many things to it but im broke atm haha;P, not that bad on fuel either if driven right:), love your car btw!, also can i ask where did you get the roof rack!, iv been looking everywhere as i wanna put my mountain bike on it when i go to my mrs..?

Yeh there is also a white cupra about as well I waved but turned out to be a grumpy old man who turned his nose up at me :D ahh welll

Yeh heard they are great fun to drive and tuning potential from a 1.4 is awesome. Just a shame they have the issues that they do or id have been tempted to get one and traded this in :(

And I bought it 3-4 years ago so no idea if its still made but its from the roof box company and its made by cruz. Was good for what i wanted but dont use it anymore as ive gone down a different route. :)

JoeySnowboards

Cupra 6J Dakota Red
Apr 4, 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Yeh there is also a white cupra about as well I waved but turned out to be a grumpy old man who turned his nose up at me :D ahh welll

Yeh heard they are great fun to drive and tuning potential from a 1.4 is awesome. Just a shame they have the issues that they do or id have been tempted to get one and traded this in :(

And I bought it 3-4 years ago so no idea if its still made but its from the roof box company and its made by cruz. Was good for what i wanted but dont use it anymore as ive gone down a different route. :)

haha well il flash you next time i see you haha:p, and issues? only issues i know is that dsg boxes go wrong alot:L, and ah ok il have a look:) thanks haha

just had a look and found 3 different types and at a great price! sweet;p

Last edited:

t.oldaker

Jul 5, 2011
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
haha well il flash you next time i see you haha:p, and issues? only issues i know is that dsg boxes go wrong alot:L, and ah ok il have a look:) thanks haha

Sweet will keep an eye out. Yeh alot of stories of misfires etc... but seems to be really inconsistent however the later engines don't seem to have the same issues as the earlier ones :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.