my 2010 leon 1.4 tsi sport

adsbluecupra

Oct 28, 2008
st stephens cornwall
Bought this one around 8 months ago totally standard with 14k on the clock just serviced it myself new filters and oil sump plug etc from my local tps. Hopefully ordering a full aero Kit in the next few days. Then to choose some new wheels.

I went and bought a set 19 inch rs4 reps wrapped in 235/35s

Had a nightmare getting hold of a brand new genuine btcc kit i originally ordered it as a full kit as you see on the seat accessories sit from cornwall TPS for a good price of £920 inc vat ,they said it will be couple of days a week later i call them an they say its still on backorder aan hour later there on the phone saying we got a problem seat have canceled the order at their end saying basically that you cant buy it as a complete kit anymore and you have to buy the bits separate which works out at £1093 :confused:.

Last edited:

adsbluecupra

Oct 28, 2008
st stephens cornwall
IMG_20130302_175344_zpsaaeb1c12.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]Bought this one around 8 months ago totally standard with 14k on the clock just serviced it myself new filters and oil sump plug etc from my local tps. Hopefully ordering a full aero Kit in the next few days. Then to choose some wheels maybe rs4 reps 18 or 19
IMG_20130302_175344_zpsaaeb1c12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

adsbluecupra

Oct 28, 2008
st stephens cornwall
Finally bit the bullet and purchased the btcc kit as all seperate bits, i rang several seat dealers they all said the same thing you can only buy the kit as seperate bits now for some reason.

adsbluecupra

Oct 28, 2008
st stephens cornwall
Now ive finally got the kit came to my first dilemma what exhuast cut out to pick the bumper comes with templetes embossed on the rear for standard K1 or supercopa style exhuasts, i planned on getting a stainless backbox made up for the dual exit supercopa style but after a lot of head scratching i went for standard as i wanted to get the bumper on tommorow an the standard pipes wouldnt fit in the supercopa cut out.
Then out came the jigsaw i was literally crapping myself ive worked in a bodyshop for ten years but have never had to cut up a £350 bumper
PHEW!!
Rubbed the runs out of the factory primer and set up for paint

adsbluecupra

Oct 28, 2008
st stephens cornwall
Mixed up a liter of max meyers finest waterbase black magic prime shade lc9z ,there is also a bluer variant but the prime matched the body well

8 different tinters in the mix 2 blacks pearl blue,pearl purple,red oxide,yellow and a couple of silvers.
Gave the whole kit a grip coat then 2 full coats and a drop coat to evenly disperse the metallic particles

let the base flash off for 25 mins at 40 degc.
Then it was ready for clear i applied a grip coat and one full coat of max meyer 0300 hs clear

adsbluecupra

Oct 28, 2008
st stephens cornwall
Whilst the kit was on bake i stripped the car ready to fit .

The wife was shocked when she saw these :D
All the parts came off fairly easy only took bout half an hour the rear bumper was quite tough to unclip from the quarter panel had to use a small screwdriver to release it from the bracket .Gave the old bumpers and wheels a good clean inside and out to get ready for sale will probably put them in forsale section soon.

adsbluecupra

Oct 28, 2008
st stephens cornwall
First to go on was the spoiler factory sealer was pants it was gone off in the tube, bonded it on with black pu sealer and some strong double sided tape to hold it whilst sealer when off

Then went home for the day as was knackered.In work by 6.30 am next day to get the rest on skirts only took an hour to get on by myself was a bit awkward though.
Put a line of double sided tape on the top then sealer below that way you dont get any sealer coming out on the sill believe me its messy.
Next up was the rear bumper fairly straght forward just took a bit off time to get the vents in properly

adsbluecupra

Oct 28, 2008
st stephens cornwall
The front bumper was last to go on, the fog lights were an absolute nightmare just did not want to sit right, they are supposed to push in and twist into position this was not the case ended up taking about an hour at this point was very annoyed[:@]
Was a lot happier seeing the bumper on though:)

All that was left to do was fit the new wheels and machine polish.
Gave the fresh paint a hit with G3 ultra then whipped over the rest with G3 ultra fine then
over with 3M ultrafina and finally a coat off black wax.

Left the front grill off as wanted to send back an get the linea r pre facelift grill i think it matches the front a lot better hopefully TPS will let me .

matt-tsi

Matt-TSI
Dec 20, 2009
I had an ada blue 2009 1.4 TSI leon before I went for the cupra R.
Loved the 1.4TSI, had it 3 years not 1 single problem, nippy and fun to drive whilst returning good mpg!
never got putting the btcc kit on though! would of loved too, yours looks well!

adsbluecupra

Oct 28, 2008
st stephens cornwall
Managed to exchange the standard supercopa grill for the linea r one extra £30 but looks so much better, couldnt resist whipping of the brushed ally surround and giving it a coat of jet black.

Pretty much the way i want it to look for a minute until i think of something.

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
This looks really nice! I love the linea r grill, they look soo good! What sort of mpg are you getting out of yours? Had a airport run the other day and got mine up to 45 odd but after a little town driving it back down to 35 now.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise