My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
James did you look at the glass wiper blank that Vemon sell? About £7-£9 iirc

I used one with some of my old mans double glazing silicone sealant and work a treat, the glass was even tinted to match the oe rear glass.

Doh... No I didn't see that one... Hopefully the one I've gone for is ok, but the tint version would have been perfect. I might get it and see which works best. Thanks for the info mate :)

drka-drka

New Schooler
That's the one I used off venom think I was like £10.

No car gets no rest over winter, no plans just stuck some 17s on with winter grips been about as exciting as it gets I'm afraid.

Down your neck of the woods just now, mrs is working in norwich for few months

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Gear Box Mod

A big thanks to Richy Cupra for this one :thumbup: Richy posted a guide which was originally posted on VW Vortex, explaining some issues which are known to occur with the 02Ms main shaft. I don't seem to have any of the issues but for £9.38p posted, I have bought the below part numbers as a form of future proofing whilst I'm working in that region ATM :rolleyes: My list seems to be getting longer and longer :rolleyes:

OEM part # WHT-001-976 is the shim.
OEM part # 02M-301-211-B is the black cover that has to be removed to install it.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Excellent work on the calipers they look amazing!

Thanks mate :) I'm looking forward to getting them on. Just waiting for the Pagid pads to arrive, along with an arch roller. Hoping that Ultimate Dubs will give me some motivation to get them on...

Loads of little jobs to get done first. On Annual Leave for 2 weeks now so I should have some time free to tinker :D

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Thanks mate :) I'm looking forward to getting them on. Just waiting for the Pagid pads to arrive, along with an arch roller. Hoping that Ultimate Dubs will give me some motivation to get them on...

Loads of little jobs to get done first. On Annual Leave for 2 weeks now so I should have some time free to tinker :D

I got pagid pads fitted last week on my car with brembo max discs, braking has been excellent so far. I love that feeling of having some time off and planning the tinkering, I have a few days off in March for a planned tinker :D

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
I got pagid pads fitted last week on my car with brembo max discs, braking has been excellent so far. I love that feeling of having some time off and planning the tinkering, I have a few days off in March for a planned tinker :D

It's rare to get some free time with the little man around these days. I had 29days leave to use before 1st April so no wife or child (I should put a sad face there :( but really it should be :funk:).

The long list consists of:

General
Fit new ECS CF Inlet Manifold Cover.
Do an engine flush with fresh oil, filter and new copper washer on the old magnetic plug.
Fit new Pollen Filter.
Fit new Fuel Filter (anyone any ideas how this is done :confused:).
Fit new glass Rear Wiper Delete.
Adjust the Rear Upper Strut Brace and fit some S/S end fitments.
Steam clean the interior along with the steering wheel, which has mould growing in the dimples from storage (damp:().
Butyl all 4 doors as the rear passenger one has a leak.

Front
Remove old brakes and prepare the hubs.
Service front Airlift modules and Coilovers.
Clean down the wheel arches, stone chip and paint in Futura Yellow (couldn't get Ovni).
Roll the arches and trim the arch liner to suit.
Fit the new brakes and brake lines.
Fit the new poly bushed dog mount.
And fit the R32 ARB if I can source one cheap (but not likely this time round)

Rear
Remove the rear axle, have sandblasted and powder coated.
CNC a set of rear caliper brackets to accept 323mm x 22 mm 2-piece Compbrake rotors.
Refurbish the original calipers with paint and new seal set.
Fit rear axle poly bushes which I've had sat in the shed for 2 years.
Roll the arches a tad more than factory and trim the arch liners to suit
Stone chip and paint the rear arches and underneath.
Put back together with new brakes lines.

Once all that's done, it'll be ready for the body shop if I can afford it. The car is desperate for a new TB exhaust then we'll be sorted for next season I reckon.

It's a list and by putting it on here it'll hopefully give me a sense of direction and focus. I best get cracking then...

Last edited:

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Fuel filter is easy mate.

Open the fuse board and remove the fuel filter fuse.
Turn the engine on till it dies.
Jack up the car on the rear drivers side.
Under the car just in front of the rear jacking cover you'll see the fuel filter.
Undo the jubilee clip around the filter and pull it down slightly.
Two lines either end require squeezing and the removing.
Have a bucket ready to catch the fuel (I used a coffee jar, empty obviously)
Take the new filter and attach the fuel lines, make sure you get it in the right direction.
Reattach the jubilee clip
Replace the fuse
Fire up the car and check for any leaks
Drop the car

Done.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Fuel filter is easy mate.

Open the fuse board and remove the fuel filter fuse.
Turn the engine on till it dies.
Jack up the car on the rear drivers side.
Under the car just in front of the rear jacking cover you'll see the fuel filter.
Undo the jubilee clip around the filter and pull it down slightly.
Two lines either end require squeezing and the removing.
Have a bucket ready to catch the fuel (I used a coffee jar, empty obviously)
Take the new filter and attach the fuel lines, make sure you get it in the right direction.
Reattach the jubilee clip
Replace the fuse
Fire up the car and check for any leaks
Drop the car

Done.

Top man! Thank you :cheers:

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts

Now you say I could've come down this weekend and showed you my chipped beast lol, knocked a full 1 second of my 0-60 time I'm gonna a be the next james hunt lmao

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Now you say I could've come down this weekend and showed you my chipped beast lol, knocked a full 1 second of my 0-60 time I'm gonna a be the next james hunt lmao

Ill see it next weekend bud. How many ponies does it have now then? James Hunt died too young... I'm around on the weekdays pottering with my car should you want to relocate your battery to the boot? If not, I'll bring the stuff with me next weekend so you can hold on to it :)

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Yeah sounds cool, as for read out I'm not sure I wanted to get it on a rr before Robbie fitted the TMC box but as it stands now I'm more interested in what it stands at. I was speaking to Gaz according to the website it increases hp by about 30% so it'll do for now till I get a downpipe sorted and intercooler and then get a custom map. I'm not after massive power just around 210-220hp I think is reasonable(engine not blowing up is better lol)

I mean cool with regards to next weekend as they have me working all next week training on the water jets

Last edited:

Leon1600s

Once a 1600, now an LCR
Sep 17, 2011
Berkshire
I'm thinking of putting my injectors through my ultrasonic cleaner after seeing all the crap that came out of yours. Would you say it can be done in a day?

I was thinking of using some injector cleaner in the ultrasonic jobby, do you think that'll work well? :think:

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
I'm thinking of putting my injectors through my ultrasonic cleaner after seeing all the crap that came out of yours. Would you say it can be done in a day?

I was thinking of using some injector cleaner in the ultrasonic jobby, do you think that'll work well? :think:

Could easily be done in a day, as long as you've got all the bits. The time consuming bit is making sure the electric bits of the injectors are bone dry before reconnecting. I personally wouldn't use injector cleaner. I would use the liquid specified for an ultrasonic cleaner. I did my FPR too, which you might want to consider. I did a few passes to make sure they were squeaky clean - typically me :whistle:

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Mk4 R32 Front Anti Roll Bar.

Well, my luck is in (I think). I've just managed to buy a 2nd hand 23mm front ARB with minimal rust for £45 posted :funk: perfect timing :D I'll hopefully receive it by the weekend so that I can strip and repaint it before going on. To stick with the same brand of poly bushes throughout the car I've purchased a set of Powerflex bushes to suit.

Happy days :D

Last edited:

Leon1600s

Once a 1600, now an LCR
Sep 17, 2011
Berkshire
Could easily be done in a day, as long as you've got all the bits. The time consuming bit is making sure the electric bits of the injectors are bone dry before reconnecting. I personally wouldn't use injector cleaner. I would use the liquid specified for an ultrasonic cleaner. I did my FPR too, which you might want to consider. I did a few passes to make sure they were squeaky clean - typically me :whistle:

Cheers James, I'll have a go at this when I have a free day:) I figured waiting for the parts to dry would be the long bit

Would you change the injector seals and seats at the same time? I'm thinking I might as well as they're off but then again it's not a massive job to do at a later date... (101 questions tonight :ban:)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Cheers James, I'll have a go at this when I have a free day:) I figured waiting for the parts to dry would be the long bit

Would you change the injector seals and seats at the same time? I'm thinking I might as well as they're off but then again it's not a massive job to do at a later date... (101 questions tonight :ban:)

No worries mate. That's what makes this forum IMO - someone always around to offer advice.

I changed my seals and would recommend doing it, for the price and guarantee of no leaks, etc :)