Vag com software?

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Hi guys,

Does anyone have the link for where I can download the vag com software. Got a cheep eBay cable and thought i would try it out.
Iv been searching on here and other forums and can find what I need to download.

Thanks

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
I know for a fact people are using replica cables so there must be somewhere to get the software that will work with it :S

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
There are different versions of the cable.

Any genuine cable will work with genuine software. Any ebay copy cable wont work with genuine software

F3ADM

Nov 25, 2013
North west
Some of the newer chinese copies actually work with the genuine software now, but only for the current update.
Whereas the genuine cable will work with any car, and with any new updates.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That's only micro can. The full HEX-CAN ones that cover nearly all VAG cars since 92 (or something) are £270 ish

So is that cable good for my Leon and other vw cars of a similar age?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Some of the newer chinese copies actually work with the genuine software now, but only for the current update.
Whereas the genuine cable will work with any car, and with any new updates.

Yeh they might work now but in a few months when it asks you to update... fried cable

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
So is that cable good for my Leon and other vw cars of a similar age?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Yeah it's good for every car 1992 and newer :) that's the one I have and I've had no issues with it.

It's a big original outlay but genuine cables seem to go for £200 second hand on eBay. So really it's only going to cost you £70 ish to own a cable. I'd rather pay that and have the genuine thing with all the software updates and support from rosstech.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.