Mk1 lcr decat

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
Hello thinking of getting scorpion decat but what does everyone think it's £50 posted and will it bring engine mill light on?

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
It's alright if you know a liberal mechanic. If your mechanic dies though it could end up being a hassle.

rtonks

Hi i have a leon cupra auq ko3s with decat, remap and 3" downpipe,
it is a great mod as it releaves around 10% engine power and sounds awsome, but mine throws lambda sensor codes up (17522,17526) instantly when i drive it even though parts are new?
Ive been told though that the lamda sensors can be deleted when you have a stage 2 remap

rtonks

And yeah it can take a while to find a sound mechanic who'll bend the rules a little bit lol,
dont ask u dont get

b3nm33

Jan 14, 2014
I have a decat to and it does make a difference and mine don't throw codes plus there are a fair few testers that will pass your car if its mechanicly sound.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

b3nm33

Jan 14, 2014
My mot bloke passes my cars with decats

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Yes it will throw an error code but can be mapped out, and doesn't affect the car in any way if you had to leave the error there for a while before you got it mapped. You can get a spacer but I've heard of people still getting the error even with that so I wouldn't bother.

b3nm33

Jan 14, 2014
It seems like its all hit and miss with these cars some people get codes and some don't. Just like the splitter r dump valve some people say there ok some people don't. You won't know unless you try, I have a decat and have no code with the 02 tied up under the car. But it wouldn't pass a normal mot, but you just need to find a friendly mot bloke.

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
It seems like its all hit and miss with these cars some people get codes and some don't. Just like the splitter r dump valve some people say there ok some people don't. You won't know unless you try, I have a decat and have no code with the 02 tied up under the car. But it wouldn't pass a normal mot, but you just need to find a friendly mot bloke.

So you have got it plugged and the sensor not in exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
Yes it will throw an error code but can be mapped out, and doesn't affect the car in any way if you had to leave the error there for a while before you got it mapped. You can get a spacer but I've heard of people still getting the error even with that so I wouldn't bother.

Well I'm getting it mapped in next few months anyways, but a lot of people was saying put a few washers on the lamba sensor to space it out of the stream and should be okay

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
I can't say that's not true because I've never tried it myself, but considering the sensor is in an almost closed off space, I can see why that's hit and miss... It might be worth a go. One good thing about the scorpion decat is it fits inline with the standard system so swapping back for an MOT isn't an issue. A downside with mine is that at low rpm (town speeds) the gasses ping about it the decat like crazy and it sounds almost like rattling that can clearly be heard. Once you get into higher rpms it's sweet, but when you first get on the throttle you can hear the gasses bouncing about. It irritates me. I've bought some exhaust wrap and am going to try that but if not there may be a sport cat in my future. I've spoken to someone in the know about this and they thinks it's because the downpipe splits 2 paths, one of which is lower pressure than the other, and all this pressure change in the exhaust can result in that noise. I'd be interested to see if anyone else with the scorpion decat has had this issue because I've been told by scorpion and the seller I got it from that there's nothing wrong with it

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
I can't say that's not true because I've never tried it myself, but considering the sensor is in an almost closed off space, I can see why that's hit and miss... It might be worth a go. One good thing about the scorpion decat is it fits inline with the standard system so swapping back for an MOT isn't an issue. A downside with mine is that at low rpm (town speeds) the gasses ping about it the decat like crazy and it sounds almost like rattling that can clearly be heard. Once you get into higher rpms it's sweet, but when you first get on the throttle you can hear the gasses bouncing about. It irritates me. I've bought some exhaust wrap and am going to try that but if not there may be a sport cat in my future. I've spoken to someone in the know about this and they thinks it's because the downpipe splits 2 paths, one of which is lower pressure than the other, and all this pressure change in the exhaust can result in that noise. I'd be interested to see if anyone else with the scorpion decat has had this issue because I've been told by scorpion and the seller I got it from that there's nothing wrong with it

Well I will let you know when mines fitted what happens yeah :)

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Well I will let you know when mines fitted what happens yeah :)

Yeah cool, please do. I even drove to scorpion and they fiddled for hours but said there's no blow by and nothing wrong with it. If yours is fine I can at least say I want another one to try.

Last edited:

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
£15 off eBay and you can get a O2 spacer elbow, I ran the scorpian decat and it brought the eml light on put the spacer on and it never appeared again in 12 months then I stripped the car lol

rtonks

Id go for it i have one on and my mates leon doesnt, mine sounds so much better its worth the little hassle

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
£15 off eBay and you can get a O2 spacer elbow, I ran the scorpian decat and it brought the eml light on put the spacer on and it never appeared again in 12 months then I stripped the car lol

That's what I was looking at you need the 90 degree spacer