Cambelt and Water Pump

ac123

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 53 plate Cupra 225 which has 96K on the clock and has not had the cam belt done.

Owner seems fairly open and honest but the Cambelt is due to be done soon and I'd prefer to get it done sooner rather than later obviously.

Particularly people in the South West around the Plymouth area. Who would you get to do it? What kind of price am I looking at? Any hidden tips or tricks guys?

This will be my first performance car, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Should have had one done after 4 years so if it hasnt been done once before it's way over due. Looking at about 360 including parts.

ac123

Thanks. I believe it has already been done once.. But is due its second one. At least soon anyway.

Makes sense, normally its every 50,000 or four/five years from my experience right?

Degsy1

2003 LCR Stage 1
Feb 15, 2013
South shields
Ac123
Did you buy a LCR yet just that mines going up for sale

2003 red immaculate 56,000 miles just had pump and belt done on the 24/02/14

ac123

Unfortunately I have Degsy, sounds like a lovely car but I bet I could not have afforded it! Not to worry, the one I bought is a very nice car and it's original and unmolested which is exactly what I was after. Just needs a bit of TLC on the interior ext but I think I can have it looking immaculate in no time.

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
mate I work for audi as a tech, all cambelts 75k or 5 years, interested to hear the difference between a audi 1.8t cambelt and a seat 1.8t cambelt considering they're the same part number?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise