MK1 LCR where are the Alarm parts [ALL of them] located and are they easy to remove??

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
Am thinking about removing the alarm from my mk1 lcr track car. Can anyone help me with where the various [ALL related parts] alarm parts are located and if they are easy enough to remove??

Last edited:

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Hi Rob, there is a siren deep under the scuttle of my LC not sure if its the same as the LCR.
They are also ultrasonic sensors in the headlining which you already removed as they are now sitting in my car :D

If you like i can take a piccy of the siren location ?

Cheers,

Graham.

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
Hi Rob, there is a siren deep under the scuttle of my LC not sure if its the same as the LCR.
They are also ultrasonic sensors in the headlining which you already removed as they are now sitting in my car :D

If you like i can take a piccy of the siren location ?

Cheers,

Graham.

Hi Graham,

When you and Ronin say Siren/Horn respectively I assume this is the same thing?

So is the Siren/Horn unit basically the complete Alarm unit excepting for just the sensors you mention and I guess there might be a Fuse and Relay unit just for the Alarm?? Is there a sensor on drivers door as well as the alarm still seems to work and this is the only door with electrics still connected.

If doing away with "central" locking on the only remaining door [drivers door] that has it, can you remind me of the bits I can then remove/disconnect whilst still maintaining the use of this one electric window as when I did others I simply removed/disconnected everything as I didn't want/need to retain electric window use or central locking ability on those doors.

If you can take a piccy or two that would be great, thanks.

Is there a certain procedure/order I need to remove the Alarm parts to avoid setting the Alarm off?

Thanks,
Rob.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
The siren/horn under the scuttle should have a battery backup inside it so make sure the alarm is disarmed before removing
I think some of the alarm is controlled through the convenience module though, also part of the door mech will activate the alarm

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
Did a bit of digging online and just wanted to check that the Alarm does not have it's own sole fuse as the one under the steering column related to it is also apparently related to a couple of other things [forgot which] ? Anyone know if this is definitely correct?

Last edited:

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
Removed alarm ok but the alarm led in door was constantly flashing. I disconnected this and have also had intermittent clicking noises coming from relay area under steering column and sometime lights in things such as electric window switches flickering on/off. Could be unrelated/coincidence but anyone got any ideas what might cause this or is there something else I maybe need to remove? such as a fuse or relay?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.