S3 / R32 seats

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
Hi Guys,

I said I wouldn't modify the Leon so here goes.

Currently I'm on the lookout for a few things, however I have seen some of the AMAZING S3 optional seats for sale, you know the Konig type ones with massive bolsters etc? http://image.eurotuner.com/f/8931428+w750+st0/0606_27z+2007_Audi_RS4+Interior_Seats.jpg

Will these be a direct fit into my 2008 Seat Leon FR (petrol) with no messing around? I know that these were heated and my car doesn't have Heated seats, but will they bolt straight in and will the Airbag circuits be the same?

Thanks

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Hi Guys,

I said I wouldn't modify the Leon so here goes.

Currently I'm on the lookout for a few things, however I have seen some of the AMAZING S3 optional seats for sale, you know the Konig type ones with massive bolsters etc? http://image.eurotuner.com/f/8931428+w750+st0/0606_27z+2007_Audi_RS4+Interior_Seats.jpg

Will these be a direct fit into my 2008 Seat Leon FR (petrol) with no messing around? I know that these were heated and my car doesn't have Heated seats, but will they bolt straight in and will the Airbag circuits be the same?

Thanks

How much??

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
They are £400 they aren't the RS4 Recaros but one's out of an S3 so have the MKV chassis mounts (for an S3 at least) as they were an optional extra.

Any ideas if they are a direct bolt on?

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
Yes I know hence the question, only issue is they are leather and my interior is cloth, so would need a retrim of the rear bench and door cards. Also the "new" seats recline as they are out of a 3 door.

F3ADM

Nov 25, 2013
North west
I've seen people swap seats from a Leon to a mk5 golf and they haven't had any issues apart from the airbag connection, even on the Leon they changed the connection plug from one year to the other.
I fitted new cupra seats in my Leon and got a garage to sort out the wiring.

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
I've seen people swap seats from a Leon to a mk5 golf and they haven't had any issues apart from the airbag connection, even on the Leon they changed the connection plug from one year to the other.
I fitted new cupra seats in my Leon and got a garage to sort out the wiring.

But what about electrical alignment? Leons dont have electrical alignment with memory etc.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
imho the best fitting seats in a Leon are the recaro sportsters. I managed to buy a near new pair with aibags for under 1500 gbp and they fitted and looked perfect.
Saw another Leon with customized Renault megane recaro's (whichs are sportsters) and the owner paid under 1000 gbp for them (plus the work to adapt the rails to fit).

The sportster look a bit like the seats Audi uses only the trim/leather is way better quality.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members