Ibiza fr 1.2 tsi

KK

Ibiza FR & 205 GTI
Nov 24, 2013
Stoke
If the one in the thread linked above is the same as yours surely that would mean it has 2?

'Unfortunately we won't map the 1.2 TSI engines as they only have a very small turbo and no-intercooler. This means that by turning the boost up the turbo will generate a lot of heat essentially sacrificing the power it is supposed to be giving'

the reply I got when i asked awsome about a re-map

Last edited:

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Classifieds cough cough

I have been using the TMC tuning box on our 2012 ibiza 1.2 TSI 105 and it works really well with loads more pull. It was on my partners car and she doesn't want it on any more so its up for sale.

Feb 8, 2011
KK,

The thread you quoted a few posts back is for an air-air intercooler which is the type fitted to the 1.4 twincharger. The 1.2 TSi has an air-water intercooler which has the advantage that it is right up close to the inlet manifold making the volume of air between turbo and inlet manifold small. This in turn makes the turbo quick to respond. With an air-air intercooler the volume of air is large and turbo response can be slow which is not so much of a problem on the twincharger since it has a supercharger which is used at low engine speeds.

It would be a big job to fit an air-air intercooler to the 1.2 TSi and with it mounted right at the front of the car and miles away from the inlet manifold the turbo response would probably be badly affected.

Last edited: