Exhausts - Cupra

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
There is a thread with a group buy on the mk5 gti forum, the prices are stupidly low lol.

The BCS has a much longer flexi section which puts a lot less stress on the exhaust and mounts due to engine movement - that pipeworks downpipe looks garbage in comparison.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
There is a thread with a group buy on the mk5 gti forum, the prices are stupidly low lol.

The BCS has a much longer flexi section which puts a lot less stress on the exhaust and mounts due to engine movement - that pipeworks downpipe looks garbage in comparison.

That's where I got the prices from mate

I'm getting a cat back :)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Haha, surely the quality of the Pipeworks cannot be that bad? I appreciate BCS is the dogs danglies but it is extremely expensive

It's not. I've ran two full 3" TBE systems over 7 years plus, no MOT issues, no quality issues etc..
The flexi section on the downpipe is 3 layers. I've not seen anyone complain of them splitting (regardless of length) like some of the old Blueflame systems had issues with.

I can't comment on the BCS system but I live close enough to both Pipewerx and BCS to have had either fitted. Well when I got my original Pipewerx system, BCS didn't exist and Nige who worked/ran/owned Blueflame. I didn't get an acceptable quote so went with Pipewerx.

I certainly wouldn't sell it to get the BCS although I have seen why some Milltek owners would :lol:

Last edited:

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Classifieds cough cough !!

I'm going back to standard and just removed a full Exhaust system.
3" Downpipe with 200 cell race CAT and Milltek cat-back.
The Downpipe is custom made and has the long flexi like BCS. Top quality with a silencer built in to reduce boom. Sounds perfect with the Milltek non res.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.