SEAT Leon Cupra laps Nurburgring in record time for FWD - 7mins 58.4 secs

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net

si289

Am I being special, but isn't the car in the videos a manual and not DSG as stated?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yes it is a manual car that was used. I also see that SEAT have announced the "performance pack" for the cupra at Geneva too. Externally I can see different wheels in orange, orange mirrors, skirts and different side vents in the front bumper with orange accents. Apparently features brembo brakes too. I think that the orange accents on the grey car would look the dogs danglies. Need more info on this pack and cost.......

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yup definitely a manual, though press release says DSG, obviously a conflict of information.

But being that, very few of us have the skills of a professional touring car driver its all a little subjective anyway and just about column inches for the brand.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yes it is a manual car that was used. I also see that SEAT have announced the "performance pack" for the cupra at Geneva too. Externally I can see different wheels in orange, orange mirrors, skirts and different side vents in the front bumper with orange accents. Apparently features brembo brakes too. I think that the orange accents on the grey car would look the dogs danglies. Need more info on this pack and cost.......

No UK details as yet, they say an announcement will be made closer to its availabilty.

Mar 13, 2011

The tango accents are a bit too shouty for me, but theres no doubt it stands out in the crowd!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
The tango accents are a bit too shouty for me, but theres no doubt it stands out in the crowd!

I agree, against the white it is a little OTT but with the gray it will almost be on par with the cup racers accents, the wheel could always be coated differently or covered up with only minimal accents like the cup racer. In that guys I am loving the idea of it, the skirts work too.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
That would look ok if it just had orange wheel centres or nuts, the whole wheel is too much imo.

They should just make it look like the cup racer!

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Looking at the pics on fb it seems the performance pack includes the bucket seats, so potentially meaning we would see this pack offered round June time.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not sure they are exclusive to the bucket seats, the seats shown do not positively identify them as buckets, they styling is different in terms of the orange stitching.

Looking at the buckets on the cars Scott drove in Spain the bed of the seat looked no different to the standard style of seat. We'd need to see a full interior shot showing the higher seat backs.

Optional buckets.
DSC00855-1024x682.jpg

Performance Pack interior.
main.php

Alcantara Sport Seats from my FR for comparison.
LeonFRSC_024.jpg

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Side bolsters in the performance pack shot are definately higher than the ones in yours. Also looking at the pictures i posted you can see the seat back with the head rest are one unit so I am sure they are match, could be wrong though but I have a sneaking suspicion that is the case. That said, the buckets in the performance pack version does NOT have the white edging and is all black. I prefer that tbh.

Last edited:

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
You can't link directly into the seat used site, but listers worcester have a Grey FR up for sale with this orange colour scheme on the exterior, their not the same wheels etc, but it loks pretty neat.

If they did this with the 184 diesel i'd trade mine in tomorrow, but unfortunately 30k/year + 280hp petrol is a bit spendy.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Personal taste but I think the orange highlights are horrendous, not sure why anyone would pay extra to make their car look like that.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

I am struggling to understand SEAT's marketing stragerty now , they said they didnt want the Cupra to be in your face because it would affect sales then decided to run a model with Orange everywhere insde and out??????? wtf?

I think they should have looked at the sales figures for the Citroen that had all the orange stuff everywhere , because i never saw one on the road !

On the performance pack , i hope the parts can be ordered sperately and not as a whole pack , the seats and brakes would be options for me depending on cost but nothing else.

Mar 13, 2011
I am struggling to understand SEAT's marketing stragerty now , they said they didnt want the Cupra to be in your face because it would affect sales then decided to run a model with Orange everywhere insde and out??????? wtf?

I think they should have looked at the sales figures for the Citroen that had all the orange stuff everywhere , because i never saw one on the road !

On the performance pack , i hope the parts can be ordered sperately and not as a whole pack , the seats and brakes would be options for me depending on cost but nothing else.

For me, stealth works better on this car to be honest (showing I'm probably too old for the demographic to own one). Of the perf pack I reckon I would only want the bucket seats. Going by the brakes on current Cupra I really don't think they will be a necessary upgrade unless people are planning on many track days.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I am laughing so much at my supervisor from work. He is banging on about the new civic vtec concept that honda "claim" will smash the record the cupra just set. I keep telling him that talk is cheap and the only time he can really start boasting is if or when it eventually happens. That civic driver will have know his stuff too......

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough

I have seen quite a few of the DS3 racing cars on the road. The problem here i think is that when they showed the cupra most folk that own a mk2 k1/btcc kitted car were complaining that they want something that differentiated the car from the rest. SEAT create this and other still complain that it is too lairy now. Me personally, love it, then i have never been one for conformity and i like something that stands out, even though i am 38, that's just me. It gives potential customers out there options, and options are what generate sales, because let's face it, not everyone wants the same thing.

As mentioned before, these cars can be tailored to individuals tastes and I am pretty sure some of the bits from the performance pack will be able to be bought individually so you don't "have" to buy this exact model, if that makes sense. Damn i need to stop rambling on like this :rolleyes:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.