Induction kit/air filter

goldie87

Nov 20, 2010
Midlands
Hi all,

I dont know too much about this but just needed some advice. I want an induction kit for the FR, its currently got the standard air filter but I want to change this for a number of reasons (so I can hear the turbo hiss more, quicker response etc).

I don't want to spend too much so wanted something at a decent price but the main question is about hot or cold air intake, I read a few threads which mentioned it should be a cold air intake, so what do I need to purchase to get this? As I believe a box standard cone filter will bring in hot air?

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Classifieds cough cough

There is one of mine for sale in the classifieds. It's a cold air intake with an engine cover to suit. £150 bargain !!

P1030415.jpg

Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
I think the twjn take has got to be the one, not because i have one but its the only one that has the air filter inside its own heat shielded tube. best way to keep the air temps down imo

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I think the twjn take has got to be the one, not because i have one but its the only one that has the air filter inside its own heat shielded tube. best way to keep the air temps down imo

Twin take is actually not a very good one if you look at 99% of the stage2+ threads most people run ITG or REVO now.

The Volkswagen Racing intake is a covered intake

Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
Oh yeah i know and, revo and itg are fan favorites, what's it all down to though. What makes them better than other intakes?

Surely the air flow is fairly the same between each one. tbh i was surprised about the filter sizes on the two twintake cones where.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Ok pics to follow but its a work in progress, ive modified the mtc induction kit so I got rid of the maxigen itg filter and replaced it with a 90-80mm straight reducer to the oe airscoop the car sounds healthier and responds quicker no annoying woosh sound.
Pros
-more throttle response mpg seems alot better when not hacking it.
-no heat soak
-saved money and didnt have to buy vwracing apr enclosed induction kit mine looks similar.£ 420
Cons
No airfilter
Need to see how it goes ie maf scaling has already been mapped with amd stage 2 but not without filter
Need to cut up a 90mm maf sensor to have the meshing for protection or get some mesh from a civ etc.

Il post up a pic soon.-
Sounds like it may work well as long as you have your fuel trims in order with your maf scaling.
But as others have suggested I wouldn't run it anywhere without an air filter as it only takes the turbo to ingest something and it would be expensive.
Interested in seeing your pics though as I've modified my MTC intake but more the maf housing to sort fuel trims.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Always hear lots of good things about the Evoms, plenty of people seem to have them and I've never heard anyone complain.

Well made bit of kit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members