Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
well not much to update
gave car a full wash n polish last sunday and even got the hoover out

ready for hols , got back earlier and car made 630 miles with mixed driving (venting obviously )
if id not have gone for a random drive yesterday around the coast of Cornwall would have made more me thinks !!!

drove through port isaac ( Doc martins port wen village ) fook me those streets are tight barely got the leon through with out scrapping sides

cars just sat shy of 99k now

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
not sure on the bonnet bra, but apart from that looks good.

a belated Cheers lol

Still got the car?

still go the car , shes made it to 107k !!!

been off the road for over a week now , Steering rack went :(

just waiting for car to go to my uncles garage now on sat morning

not really done much to car lately been focusing on my boy racing his ktm 50 so prob spent more time & money in my van than anything else

Last edited:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
well still got the car , aint seen much love over the last year i must admit and needs a proper wash and valet

popped a boost hose over xmas which i couldnt get car over my uncles pit til after the new year to sort :( ( and was killing me without a car , big vans are no good as daily run arounds !!! )

ok so a long awaited progress report

had a compression test done and came back with acceptable levels of compression

Boost hoses all tightned back up

Fitted New Hid kit as both bulbs blew eventually ( but not at same time weeks apart )

i have also had a proper vcds scanned heres my post this mopring asking for help !!
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393665

i need to get a new tyre as punctured old one in late november and been riding around on spare since :( because im too lazy to go to garage

mot is due end of month i think so get that on the cards

need my egr delete and upper strut brace fitted

fit the long awaited side skirt jack covers - plus get them painted

cars done 110k now

Last edited:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
nice car you have mate

thanks mate ,

ok had another puncture on my spare set of rims , FFS sure someone keeps throwing nails n screw down my lane !! had that fixed now and finally had car washed

car also passed mot with no probs , now done 113k

however on weekend car developed new codes

P1261 - 17669 pump jet valve cylinder 1 ( N240) regulation range exceeded
01314 0 engine control module sporadic 013- check DTC memory *this throws the traction light on permenant **
p0263 - cylinder 1 contribution balance fault
p1264 - 17672 pump jet valve cylinder 2 ( N241) regulation range exceeded
p0266 cylinder 2 contribution balance fault

is this my injectors finally giving in ??, car does not run any different , in fact in ran sharper going up the revs quicker than before ?

i have got spare injectors and tandem pump to fit , was going to order new seals and stretch bolts for them , and was thinking is it worth replacing injector loom the same time

other part of me is thinking maybe there more at fault am i wasting my money ?

Joe Thomas

Welsh Jesus and Leon Lamb
Jun 14, 2016
South Wales
Hia mate I'm merthyr as well, nice leon. theres a few nice cars about now in merthyr, not sure if you're still active on here but i just joined and its good to see a lot of welsh lads on here haha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise