SMF questions

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
Hi,

I've been looking through the forum and the interweb in general, looking at characteristics of single mass fly wheel set up.

I got a Sachs single mass set up on my 07 stage 2, 2.0tdi (PD140). Its done 82k miles, I've had the car from new, and got the clutch kit from Darkside developments. The car is pulling 239bph and 335lbft courtesy of P-torque. The drive is awesome, and exactly what I wanted, very happy with it indeed. Only problem is the chatter is horrendous.
I knew it would be bad, but its so loud. As per usual with SMF, when driving or when clutch depressed its ok - its only noisy when in neutral or at very low revs.

Just a couple of questions for you guys in the know...

is there anything I can do to reduce noise? (apart from sell it and buy a petrol lol) - I saw some people used different coarser gear box oil?

I've done approx. 4k miles since I had it fitted, mostly motorway driving - does it need bedding in further? Does the chatter reduce at all after bedding in? - does it get better?

Any advice appreciated,

many thanks

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
Cheers for reply,

just add more of the same standard oil? Or would I be best draining old oil, replacing with new and topping up?
Without sounding too thick, can you overfill and cause damage, like you can with over-filling up engine oil?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I'm not 100% sure but I would imagine you can overfill

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.