what the F is that noise

• Thread starter pattys cupra td
  • Start date

pattys cupra td

hey guys!

basically i fitted JOMS to my cupra tdi mk1 about a month ago now at first the ARB fouled the drive shaft... this has now been sorted with a larger hoop ARB. but at slow speed on rough ground theres a noise which i would describe as a dry bush or rubber onto metal kind of sound!

i didnt fit new top mounts or bearings re used the old ones and greased them with swimming pool water proof grease so itl never come off. but could the top mounts be worn and greasing makes no difference? if i open the bonnet and bounce/push on the wings i can hear and even feel the noise on the strut tower! anyone else had this?

thanks guys

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
More than likely top mounts ,for the little cost they are,you should have changed them,as they have probably been on the car a while,and then they are put under more pressure due to the hardness of the coilovers,
I learnt the hard way,i tried saving £25 by using the old ones,and then had to buy new ones anyway and take the suspension apart again,lol

pattys cupra td

Yeah I reckon il go for poly top mounts and grease em up a good'n! I don't think its the coilover 'falling' appart tho dude!

LeonJamie

Nov 8, 2013
Mountsorrel
I'm looking at JOM's and I've heard there really good for the price they are. Most people have suggested them to me, but like jayFR150 says, they need to be fitted correctly and looked after.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.