some new faults - help please

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
HI all ,

car developed new codes on weekend

P1261 - 17669 pump jet valve cylinder 1 ( N240) regulation range exceeded
01314 0 engine control module sporadic 013- check DTC memory *this throws the traction light on permenant **
p0263 - cylinder 1 contribution balance fault
p1264 - 17672 pump jet valve cylinder 2 ( N241) regulation range exceeded
p0266 cylinder 2 contribution balance fault

is this my injectors finally giving in ??, car does not run any different , in fact in ran sharper going up the revs quicker than before ?

i have got spare injectors and tandem pump to fit , was going to order new seals and stretch bolts for them , and was thinking is it worth replacing injector loom the same time

other part of me is thinking maybe there more at fault am i wasting my money ?:confused:

any help or advice appreciated

cheers
andrew

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
Those are the p codes what about the rosstech codes and look up the explanation in the fault code library which give possible cause and solutions.

i pu tthe p codes first but the ross teck codes are after it

i have looked up one which refers to this
01314 0 engine control module sporadic 013- check DTC memory *this throws the traction light on permenant **

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01314

1.2.3 Special Notes

01314 - Engine Control Module
01314 - Engine Control Module: No Communications
Possible Causes
CAN-Databus Wiring/Connectors from/to Engine Control Module faulty
Fault(s) stored in Engine Control Module
Engine Control Module recently flashed or re-mapped
Possible Solutions
Check CAN-Databus Wiring/Connectors from/to Engine Control Module
Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
Usually Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 125+ show the current Communication Status

01314 - Engine Control Module: Check DTC Memory
Possible Causes
Fault(s) stored in Engine Control Module
Possible Solutions
Check Engine Control Module for Fault Codes
Special Notes
Engine Control Module stored a Code which influences other Control Modules Functionality.
To clear this Fault Code you will need to correct the Problem in the Engine Control Module first.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Opps. I see that now. I found this.

http://engine-codes.com/p0263_volkswagen.html

Some fella was saying it could be the lifters not doing their job in the extreme. Your injectors are in under the rocker cover which is a bit of a nuisance. I replaced the glow plugs on my cousins 2ltr tdi touran and could hardly see what was what for all the black oil everywhere. It seems to create highlights too which throws my eye off. You could check the resistance value of the loom.

Are you thinking that the ECU fault code could be causing the injector fault? You could take the rocker cover off and crank the engine by hand to observe the lifters operation and the condition of the cam lobes. The do a resistance test on the injector loom. Check the injectors for dirt and then clear the fault codes to see if the ECU one stays away.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
well i bought the injectors off a fellow member off here a few years back , and then last year found him advisin others that he had faulty7 injectors that was causing issues

so i have bought another set to go in , im also going to try buying another injector loom as i cant guarantee the first garage i gave car to fitted it , as the car was left in the same place in their compount as to when i left it there about 2 months before - so doesnt give me any hope they done feck all besides scratch arses and make brews !!

i fitted a glow plug loom back last year so going to try and fit some new glow plugs

will order new injector seals and bolts and get car booked in with a trusted garage i think

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.