Did I get a good deal ? New fr owner

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Hi guys I've been member on here for a few years now had few mk2 Leon's and a few mk5 ibiza Cupra but times have changed and pick my fr up Monday but just wondering if I paid over the odds for it
2013 seat Leon sc fr 1.8 tsi
8000 miles
Nevada white
Seat sound pack
18 inch Performance alloys
Convenience pack
Led illumination pack
Driver assist pack
Tech pack
Alacantra sports seats

I paid 16400 for it but a few people I know have said it's bit steep for it just wanted your views on it to be honest ? And what's peoples views on the engine ? Is it tuneable yet as look around can't find many parts or upgrades for it ?
Many thanks
Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

matt jackson

sounds good m8. gbcardeals are doing 20% new seat leons...

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Doesnt sound massively over the odds to me, youll always get a variation in price between dealers. Cheapest 1.8 id seen was 16k but they all differ in spec, you got upgrade wheels, sound system and few other bits too.

Go on the configurator and see how much the car would be new that tells you how much you saved on new price, i think youll find you saved 5-6k on new

Last edited:

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Sounds pretty good to me - think that is an identical spec to mine and I paid slightly more, albeit with a lot less miles, so equates to similar.

Think you'll find that on the configurator that spec will come to around 24-25k

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Sounds fine to me too, think you've done ok. Based on its higher mileage is the main factor that has driven its price down, but the spec is very good.

I looked at a similar spec car (used) to this last August and it had about 2500 - 3500 miles and was initially put up for £21.5k then dropped to £19.5k at which point it sold, I expect it probably went for about £18-£19k

In the end I negotiated a good factory order deal and got a brand new one, but there are some good deals to be found on the Leon, even new.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
And what's peoples views on the engine ? Is it tuneable yet as look around can't find many parts or upgrades for it ?

I think its a very good engine, no Cupra obviously. But very revvy, with a consistent torque band, its a fun engine which gives great performance but is really economic with it too.

It is the latest Gen3 1.8 TSI dual injector per cylinder engines. Not many cars are using it as yet, Audi A3 etc were the first. Not even sure if VW use it in the Golf.

I think APR have released some code for this engine, but not sure if its ready for the Leon yet, they'd have to check engine code etc.

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/ecu_upgrade_18tsi_gen3_trans.html

DTUK are doing their tuning box solution.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=394240

Not much available regarding aftermarket exhausts as yet.

K&N have done a panel filter for the 1.8 TSI

No intake kits as yet that I know of.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Cheers lads for putting my mind at rest was thinking I was getting ripped il post some pics when I collect it I was surpossed to Monday now I have to next fri dealers always mess about :(

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I specced this up earlier on the car configurator iirc it was 22486 or something like that so I reckon you saved a good 6k so happy days

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Yeah yeah feeling bit better now about it tbh just going miss my speed blue super copa but it's bit dated now compared to new Leon I'm really impressed with build quality on it from the mk2

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Hopefully we will see a few more parts come out for the Leon as I like to make mine unique

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.