Remapping mk2 fr petrol

Sam FR07

Feb 27, 2014
South wales
Hey everyone,most prob beginning to annoy people now,lol.anyway,I'm gonna b gettin a remap when I get sum spare cash.was wondering wat remaps u all have n wat remap u advice me to have for this awesome car.

jocco

Feb 28, 2014
Macedonia
I'm in the same boat, I have a 2007 FR DSG.

The only decent tuning company in my country is REVO.

Do I go with Revo or should I try with some remote tuning options from other brands?

Sam FR07

Feb 27, 2014
South wales
My bro has a golf gti mk5 n he has revo,alot of pulling power at first,literally being pushed bak into ur seat n it's too much for a an everyday car.APR r gud I have heard but again,I just want sum advice on wat remap best suits the FR tfsi

Last edited:

Sam FR07

Feb 27, 2014
South wales
My mate has APR on his mk5 gti but at stage2+ so can't even ask him wat it's like cos it's rapid,lol.i wud like to get APR as I have heard gud things about them.wat return will I get with just a stage 1 map,0-60??

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
My mate has APR on his mk5 gti but at stage2+ so can't even ask him wat it's like cos it's rapid,lol.i wud like to get APR as I have heard gud things about them.wat return will I get with just a stage 1 map,0-60??

0-60 probs wont improve due to wheelspin lol?

30-100 is where it'll improve

ignore the 0-60, just have a look for the power gains

a stage 1 fr will feel lot quicker than standard

Sam FR07

Feb 27, 2014
South wales
That's something that does my headin,I haven't long had the car n the tyres it came with r dire,they spin n when I turn the traction off,well I say no more,lol.im gonna get a p-flo induction kit also.APR is more of a progressive map isn't it,i do know REVO is very torquey.thats a shame that it won't make much of a change to the 0-60,I'm guessing nothin top end either??

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
That's something that does my headin,I haven't long had the car n the tyres it came with r dire,they spin n when I turn the traction off,well I say no more,lol.im gonna get a p-flo induction kit also.APR is more of a progressive map isn't it,i do know REVO is very torquey.thats a shame that it won't make much of a change to the 0-60,I'm guessing nothin top end either??

0-60 is only good if youre racing people away from traffic lights like a **** head. I never boot it in first, so the 0-60 is of no interest for me.

and why do you care about the top end lol? are you taking it on the track?

My APR remap has loads of power low down.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Whilst it should not matter to anyone in the UK except for bragging rights, achievable top speed will increase slightly, but a rev limiter is still a rev limiter. I would assume that the gear ratio's are the same as the Cupra, so 150mph ish top.

0-60 time will drop slightly, as long as you can get the power down cleanly. Again, this is useful for bragging rights only. But really, how often are you stationary in a 60mph zone and set of in a straight line? 30-60 or 40-60 are probably the most useful stats. Helpfully, this is where the extra torque will really show up, ie when overtaking.

Mine has a Quantun Tuning map and the car is very quick in every gear at any speed, so I'm happy enough. I would guess that 0-60 is about 6.4-6.7 (based on similar power to a Cupra or GTI Edition 30 which do 6.4 and assuming a better driver than me) and top would be about 150ish. I'll never know either for sure though and that's fine by me. My licence and clutch will thank me for it!

Last edited:

jocco

Feb 28, 2014
Macedonia
Yes, something like the Revo sps.

Something thats gonna allow me to install a remap by myself.

Because the nearest APR dealer to me is in Athens, which is 500km away.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
The Revo stage 1 isn't spikey or torquey, and with the SPS it is fully adjustable. I have stage 1 on my FR if you want to see what its like. Do you plan to go any further than an intake?

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Not sure I know what you mean mate?

Top speed will be limited by the highest gear. If you are hitting the rev limiter in 6th, than adding more power wont increase top speed.

If you can't reach the rev limiter in 6th, than adding power will make you able to achieve higher speeds, but only up to the limit imposed by the gearing. Without changing the gear ratios, you will not be able to reach 170mph for instance, no matter if the car has 100 or 1000bhp.

I think all VAG cars have an electronic limiter, aren't they limited to 155mph (even if they can't reach it)? A remap would remove this though, presumably.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
If my car could pull to the limiter, which is in excess of 7000rpm (cant remember exactly), i would be going a lot faster than the 160mph indicated on my speedo - Gearing isnt an issue

BTW Revo or APR dont offer a self mapping service/tool as far as i know - but there are companies out there, such as moreBHP who will sell you just a map file, or sell you a tool to flash the map file yourself.

Sam FR07

Feb 27, 2014
South wales
Thanx for all of ur replies,i will most prob end up goin with APR.at the moment,stage 1 and an induction kit are the only 2 things I'm going to be doing for the time being.with regards to the 0-60 and top speed,I'm just curious to what my car can achieve with only a stage 1 remap.would be nice to know my figures even though I don't throttle my car left,right and centre,I aint no chav

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members