Another water in car thread - With Pic

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
I've done all my doors with butyl then my pollen filter leaked so re fitted with butyl then my wiring loom cover leaked so I refitted with butyl and siliconed bonnet pull cable grommet and a suspect seam near it but it's still leaking !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrides

Dec 27, 2013
This work will deffo cure it
I have had a cupra for 11 years and been bone dry for last 5

The places water come in are :-

Door ancillary carrier plates X4
Main wiring loom entry box in drivers side wiper motor scuttle
Bonnet release cable grommet in drivers side scuttle
Pollen filter enclosure houseing too scuttle panel joint found in Passenger side scuttle panel .
Pollen filter lid missing or misaligned, ditto
Drain holes at each end of wiper scuttle blocked
Rear wiper supply pipe leaking ( wet boot )

If you have done that lot you will be dry for ever !:rofl:

If your still wet then you aint done one of the above correctly .........try again!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
This work will deffo cure it
I have had a cupra for 11 years and been bone dry for last 5

The places water come in are :-

Door ancillary carrier plates X4
Main wiring loom entry box in drivers side wiper motor scuttle
Bonnet release cable grommet in drivers side scuttle
Pollen filter enclosure houseing too scuttle panel joint found in Passenger side scuttle panel .
Pollen filter lid missing or misaligned, ditto
Drain holes at each end of wiper scuttle blocked
Rear wiper supply pipe leaking ( wet boot )

If you have done that lot you will be dry for ever !:rofl:

If your still wet then you aint done one of the above correctly .........try again!

Cheers dude you're a star, I've since tried to do my doors but after tipping a bucket of water down each door with the window up / door open it's not seeping through. I've since traced it to a little spot to the right of the throttle pedal so it'll be something to do with the scuttle panel as you mentioned a while back. I've reserved some Sealant from Screwfix which is meant to be bloody good and can be used In wet / dry conditions so with any luck it'll work and I'll likely drill a hole into the bungs in the rear footwells to drain the water that's in there out as I'm guessing drilling into the bung wouldn't cause a MOT failure like it would just in the floor ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.