SeatCupra.net INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Lol, I live in a village just outa hull m8, and its in one of the lowest crime ratings for car insurance so carnt even put it dwn 2 bad area

Insurance companies just seem to make up prices on the spot sometimes. I've dealt with 4 or 5 of the big one's now over my 7 years of driving and can tell you they are NOT consistent at all!

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
The next edition of our interactive online magazine is due out this month. We already have a lot of subscribers but if you aren’t and you’d like to be added to the list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject field.

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
So much for this scheme - i meet all the criteria and they quoted more than twice the price of my renewal!!

Last edited:

Hut

Ouch!! Standard LCR, 26 years old with 4 years NCB and I was told that the best quote would be "at least double" what two other insurance companies offered me, so at least £1,600...

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
Please remember to include Chris Knott in the mix when searching for a car insurance quote.

For good drivers, we can often beat your best alternative quote when we know what it is - dis-regarding what the system says we should be quoting. That's because our insurer partners trust us and allow us to quote what we need to to get them good quality business.

This year so far we're signing up even more forum members than last year so we must be doing something right!

"Ian insured with Chris Knott a couple of weeks ago and reported the best deal he's ever had, thanks guys" said Alfanutz admin, Zender156.

Call Chris Knotts and we'll find you the best deal based on your individual needs. Alternatively, you can complete brief details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote and we'll call you back.

High for the industry, 78% of Chris Knott's clients are renewing this year too, which means we are pretty consistent in our pricing - not looking to change the rate if the risk is the same as last year.

It's true there have been a few comments regarding the length of time it takes for us to answer calls. But we're pleased to say that we've listened to feedback and have now made it easier for you to get through to the quoting team. They were previously handling other types of enquiry but we're now fielding those enquiries to a separate, dedicated team. You should notice a great improvement.

Pick up the phone today if you're due in the next few weeks and see how much Chris Knott can save you.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
This year so far we're signing up even more forum members than last year so we must be doing something right!

It's true there have been a few comments regarding the length of time it takes for us to answer calls. But we're pleased to say that we've listened to feedback and have now made it easier for you to get through to the quoting team.

I have to say, I found it very easy to get through on the phone, and a call was returned on time the following day, and was offered the best deal which I accepted...

GreyUm

Well I shall certainly be in touch if I go ahead with getting a new car. 1. for general cover 2. for the 3 yr GAP cover too... had GAP cover on my Mazda which I got charged about 3 times what you have quoted on the forums. Needless to say I haven't needed it but there is a comfort knowing it is there.

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
UPDATE: Relaxation in CHRIS KNOTT age and experience criteria

There's really good news for many of the members we've previously had to turn down - we've kept on the case with insurers and have been able to negotiate a relaxation of the age & experience criteria for the club scheme.

These are the changes from the old requirements where we had them on certain models:

OLD RULES - 25+ with 12 months' experience of the car or one of similar performance.
NEW RULES - 25+ with 6 months' experience.

OLD RULES - 25+ with 24 months' experience or 30+ if only 12 months' experience.
NEW RULES - 25+ with 12 months' experience.

OLD RULES - 30+ with 12 months' experience.
NEW RULES - 28+ with 12 months' experience.

There's still some way to go but it's good that we at least have these concessions.

Remember to include us in the mix when looking around for quotes. We're still signing up 40% of quotes offered - there won't be many in the industry that can say that.

To find out how much you could save with Chris Knott please call FREE on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles) and quote this forum's unique code.

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
UPDATE: CAR INSURANCE WISH LIST

Hi,

In the Chris Knott office recently we were considering whether there were things the industry could do better. We were also contemplating what we as a business could do better.

Being that we're coming to the end of the year and are starting our planning for our new financial year which begins 1st Feb it's a good time to ask this question of you.

It's incredibly important for us to get members' views in all this as we seek to provide the things you want and need. Interactivity is the benefit of being involved with a forum.

Of course, a competitive price is always going to feature highly among the responses - we know that and we've responded as the market has softened in recent months. But we're also keen to find out if there are things besides the price that matter to you from a cover or service point of view that would be useful.

We'll look at all your suggestions - some of them we'll be able to arrange straight away, others will take longer to organise, maybe involving insurers, and some will not be possible at all but we'll do all we can to respond to the sensible suggestions.

To make sure we're not just feeding our competitors ideas, please PM me on here or drop us a message on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns) or Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Chris_Knott_Ins).

We look forward to hearing from you but please maintain the helpful, collaborative spirit in which this is intended.

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
UPDATE: Current CK offers

CAR INSURANCE
In case you missed it at the tale end of last year, we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two to any club member who asks us for a car insurance quote between now and 28/02/14.

In addition, if you already have one vehicle insured with us, we'll give you an extra discount of £20 when you ask us to quote for another car in your household.

Just a couple of testimonials:

"Chris Knott Insurance - Thanks for the cheapest car insurance quote of my life so far." Sylivian, Fiesta ST Owners Club

"Recently moved my Z3 insurance over to CKI. I found them really helpful and as a bonus, I saved nearly (two thirds) on my premium." Neil Robinson, Facebook

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER
Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)
Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)
Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

HOME INSURANCE
A new offer from Chris Knott means that you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate.

All you have to do is ask us for a quote on your home insurance before 28/02/14.

If you have a vehicle insured with us at the time of the quote we'll give you an extra £20 OFF the best quote we can find for you. If you have 2 or more vehicles with us, we'll increase the discount to £50. That's a discount on top of any other savings we can achieve for you!

Full prize details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/competition/2014/shard.html

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
UPDATE: PRIZE DRAWS CLOSE SOON

Hi,

I just wanted to remind you that there's not much time left for you to benefit from our current Prize Draws and discounts.

CAR INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
In return for getting a quote from Chris Knott Car Insurance we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14.

HOME INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
Ask Chris Knott Home Insurance for a quote and you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14. Full prize details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/competition/2014/shard.html

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER - take out cover before 31/03/14
Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)
Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)
Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

OUR OTHER OFFERS CONTINUE
Our multi-buy and loyalty rewards continue indefinitely - that's £20 OFF any extra cars you bring to us and upto £50 OFF your home insurance. These offers are on top of any other draws we might offer from time to time.

If your car or home insurance is due this month, please include us in the mix when you get your quotes. Not only do we offer great rates to car club/forum members but you'll be entered into the above competitions.

0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

This feedback posted just today on one of the forums: "Would just like to say a big thank you to Chris Knott - sponsor on here - for giving me a very decent insurance policy. Had an accident in December and found Chris to be very understanding and really helped me out. Bettered my quote by about £30-£40, lowered my excess and got all this with added courtesy car, legal cover and car hire purchase. Was very pleased to also hear the very small interest rate for paying monthly! A big thank you and hopefully I'll get my NCB bonus back so that my premium is even lower!" Wardy, Briskoda.net

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
***CHRIS KNOTT Silverstone VIP Tour for Two WINNER***

Thanks to everyone who entered our prize draw by getting a quote between 1st Nov 2013 and 28th Feb 2014.

We're really pleased to announce the winner of our prize draw as sicskate (aka Ben Hobbs) from FiatForum (and other forums). We hope he has a great day and look forward to seeing some pics!

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
hi,

I'm looking for a decent renewal price in the next week or so. will call later today for a quote.

thanks

mat

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
Thank You from Chris Knott Insurance

Hi, we'd like to thank the members of the car club/forum community for their support of our special car insurance scheme. So far this year we've been amazed at the increase in members using our service to find the best deal - each month we've beaten our growth targets by a significant amount and that's down to you.

On a slightly different note, we do try to monitor the forums and keep up to date with any insurance questions out there but if we've missed any please feel free to flag them up again by PM and we'll make sure you get a response.

Thanks again for your custom and don't forget to try us this year when your renewal falls due. We won't be able to help everyone but we'll do all we can for as many of you as we can.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

FEEDBACK...

"Thanks a lot guys for saving me money on Car Insurance...!!! Both cars insured and over £400.00 saved in total..." Happy Matty. Slotty, Briskoda.net

"Went ahead with my Insurance renewal today with Chris Knott Insurance. Undercut my existing renewal quote by 10% over the phone before I could even approach the subject myself! Mod-friendly and polite service (Kim) Many Thanks guys." Av4nt, Audi-Sport.net

"Chris Knott have just halved my insurance! Result I say. Same cover as before and everything covered fully comp." Yorkshire007, Vectra-c.com

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
Hi, just to let you know I'm away for a couple of weeks so I won't be able to reply to posts or PMs but I'll be back on 18/8.

In the meantime, please continue to call us for quotes. We've had a brilliant July and it's all down to car club/forum members like you picking up the phone.

Online v Phone
We know many of you like to get your quotes online but we're able to beat the price comparison sites if we can talk to you - we get a better feel for you over the phone and we can ask different questions to manually decide whether you're a good risk to take on and at what price. This benefits you far more than a simple "computer says yes, computer says no" scenario.

Pick up the phone and ask us to quote (Tel: 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477) - you'll be glad you did when we beat your best quote (which we currently do for almost 50% of all callers).

Multi-car households
If you have multi-car policies with the likes of Admiral, we can compete with these too. Those companies typically only have their own products to sell. We have access to a whole range of insurers and can pick the most appropriate one for each individual vehicle but still give you the benefit of a single renewal date and a single point of contact - call Chris Knott Insurance for your quote today.

Past experience
It may be that you've asked us to quote in the past and we weren't able to help. If that's the case it's definitely worth calling us again when your renewal falls due. With postcode relaxations and changes to driver age requirements in the last 12 months there's a good chance that we've dealt with whatever was preventing us from winning your business last time. And if price was the issue, please don't miss out on this one thing - we currently have insurers queuing up at our door for good, clean, car club/forum member drivers and they'll support us in doing whatever it takes to win the right cases.

You all know what insurance is like. Today's low rates may start to rise again tomorrow. Let's both make hay while the sun shines!

Give us a call on 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477 and mention this forum to see how much we can save you.

See you in a couple of weeks.

best regards,
Nick

More feedback found this week...

"CK have pulled out all of the stops to give me a great price this year! Well made up!" Ryan-H, R32 Owners Club

"I would also recommend you speak to Chris Knott for other types of insurance too. I recently moved my House Insurance and saved over £900 :) - with my car insurance that's £1400 I've saved this year by moving over." NeRo, zroadster.org

"Just want to say a huge thanks for the service you guys have provided so far. The exhaust mod has been added free of charge. Really pleased with how you operate." raymondbowon, FocusSTOC.com

"Very impressed with the service and for beating my renewal quote by a healthy margin. Also insured my Favorit through yourselves as the policy was £200 cheaper than anywhere else! I'm very impressed and hopefully I will keep using you guys in future. Thanks." pierst1, Briskoda.net

"Another new customer here, they saved me about £85 on the renewal price, happy days...." fabmar, FiestaST OC

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.