move over polish, welcome carnauba wax

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
Don't polish the car any more, just wax,gives you a real deep watery look - I find polish gives a fake plasticky shine,waxing on top is hard to remove this - wax all the way:D

Last edited:

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
Polish is not supposed to give the final shine. Polishing (which does require effort) removes microscopic scratches and surface contamination to leave a really smooth surface. Waxing then protects that surface and gives the deep gloss.

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
Don't polish the car any more, just wax,gives you a real deep watery look - I find polish gives a fake plasticky shine,waxing on top dosent remove this - wax all the way:D

You're supposed to rewash or wipe down with IPA after you polish, and the. Wax after that. Both are important steps.

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
I'm not disputing the merits of the write and wrongs of washing and polishing cars - each to there own,just the merits of carnauba wax! i'll let the pictures speak for themselves:) (one hours work, simply washed and waxed) - if you haven't tried carnaba wax youre missing out, if you enjoy washing and polishing cars,it'll be the best £30 you've spent!

Last edited:

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
Polish is good ,sealants are good,(lot of work) CARNAUBA WAX just gives you depth of field and is so easy to use! i'll leave detailing cars to others,don't have the time for all that faf!

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
The only down side is wax doesn't last long. Sealants need not be hard work. I use opti-seal. It's wipe on and walk away.

Polish is only useful for correcting swirls etc and removing oxidisation. It doesn't give any protection.

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
Really? I thought it was more 2-4 weeks! Opti-seal is supposed to last 6 months at the outside.

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
Good thing about carnauba wax's is there not all equal, £30 pound a tub just sees you getting into the good stuff, the life of the wax depends on what the makeup is, did read the higher the carnauba content the shorter the life!

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
Similar to a blog I'd already read. I'll stick to my opti seal!! 10 minutes work for 6 months protection and shine. Can't beat it!!

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
I still have some klasse sealant,going to try a sealant,with collinite on top and see what sort of finish that gives! keen to try enougher carnauba wax though - Pinnacle Souverän Carnauba Wax £75 a tub, is a lot though!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise