Seat ibiza ipod/iphone connectivity please help!!

Cuprob

Dec 12, 2013
Hello All,

I am having a nightmare getting my car to play music from my iPhone and iPod!

Firstly, I found our you need a y-cable adapter and the dealers all want about £60-£80 for one and so I though to hell with that and got one on eBay for £8.00.

Trouble is it will play connect/play music for a short while and then it freezes and or disconnects and it is driving me insane! I thought it might be the cable but I am loathed to spend £80 on an OEM one!!

Does anyone have a suggestion??? I'm going to go mad!!!

Much appreciated!:

Cuprob

Dec 12, 2013
Hi, I know for sure my iPhone 5 wont connect and so I am using my old iPhone 4. Do you have any tips?

Wilko210290

Guys, I have the same problem. When I plug my iphone 5 in through the USB port it says it doesn't recognise the device.

What is this Y cable thing I do I need one?

harrym330

i have experianced the same problem with frezzing drives me insane if u get a lead which works could u post the link on here please i was trying to connect a ipod touch 4th gen

ckyliu

Jan 17, 2014
Derbyshire
When I plug my iphone 5 in through the USB port it says it doesn't recognise the device. What is this Y cable thing I do I need one?

Because Apple insist on doing things differently to everyone else and using proprietary standards; iTunes uses the .m4a FLAC audio encoding format by default, which almost nothing apart from a PC or Apple device can read. That's why a Y cable is needed, the audio signal is generated by the iPod/iPhone and fed to the aux-in, the USB is used to power and control the iPod/iPhone.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.