COMPETITION: Win a place at an EXCLUSIVE event for the NEW Leon Cupra.

phil_____

Well, they didn't use my footage at all and I can see why. You guys reacted way better for the camera. The screen in front of the guy next to me fell off half way through too. We were the first round so it was teething trouble I guess.
They've done a good job on the production but it really doesn't do justice to the ride in the car, which was great fun. All of the driver aids were disabled, including ABS.

It was Paul Swift racing doing the driving: Paul himself in the white car and a colleague in the red. I sat with them at lunch and had a good chat with them. Nice guys. They loved the DSG, and the fact that you still get a handbrake on the Leon, of course.

The folk from SEAT were great too, as were the production people. All the participants hung around afterwards to watch the following sessions and we all chipped in with ways to make it more convincing. It was interesting talking about the whole thing: car adverts on TV aren't allowed to show any form of aggressive driving any more (for example the Toyota GT86 video had to be cut after a couple of morons, incapable of distinguishing between fantasy and reality, complained) so they are focusing on using the internet, where the ASA can't get them (yet) or the cinema, as Mike said, because the rules are more relaxed there.

They seem to have put a lot of effort into the whole thing, so I do hope it gives them the coverage they're looking for. Of course, everyone's now talking about the Nürburgring time anyway.

Great day out. Thanks SEAT.

Last edited by a moderator:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
mmm interesting photos, it almost looks like a large building set out with some obstacles/ hazards in such a way some may be able to rag the car around to show what it can do..
maybe even show some safety systems in use?

It was shot down at the docks in Sheerness mate.

phil_____

Yep, and all the safety systems were disabled. We did have crash helmets on though.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Scott. Sorry I have not done a write up yet. It has been mental today. Will try and do this ASAP but may not be tonight.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I'm in the same boat, I started it at work today but its been a busy day, hope to get it sent to you soon, sorry

Don't worry mate. Jason has given me a pretty lengthy run through of the day, more than he needed to, but I'm very grateful.

If you just want to add your own soundbites that would be great, but if you don't get a chance don't worry. Just let me know either way. Hopefully going to put it out tomorrow night sometime.

Thanks again both,

Scott

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.