Real World MPG - post your figures

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Having driven mine for nearly 10,000 miles I've had a strange turn of events.
I drive at 60mph to and from work, All motorway. I was getting 55mpg

I had the DPF removed and had it remapped and managed 60-61 mpg.

Now I'm not sure if its the poor weather, Or the new tyres... or both? But my economy has dropped back to 55MPG.

@ 70mpg I see about 45mpg.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Drove to Bath from London (120 miles) in the weekend in my 1.4TSI, nightmare traffic getting out of London as usual and also bad in Bath city centre, averaging around 80mph on the motorway and got 42mpg.

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
My commute is about half town and half quickish A roads.

6 fuel ups so far, 4 of which are V-Power, and after about 1800 miles I'm hitting roughly 33mpg (Fuelly). The car is reading about 34mpg all time average.

I do a decent journey on the M1 a few times a month though and it does pick up to around 40mpg then without a problem. Not enough to drag the average up quite yet though.

That said, the average does seem to be improving over time, so maybe as the engine gets a few more miles on it things will improve slightly.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Just did my first full tank and fuelly stated 38.1 mpg of 50/50 mixed town and out of town driving. The car said 40 mpg. Fairly pleased with that, with my job stop start saves me a fair amount of fuel.

Exactly 5% out same as mine used to be.

I did Portsmouth to Blackpool yesterday and got 63mpg which I was pleased about as I was not hanging about. Works out 33% less on fuel than the mileage I claim which is a bonus, yet another benefit over my old car :)

gaffer1986

Another tank done. Computer read 37.4mpg and fuelly says 36mpg.

My Diesel 1.6 Ibiza was costing me 15.4 pence per mile on fuel and the new Leon 1.4 TSI is costing 15.6 pence per mile. I'm so pleased that I have a petrol and it doesn't cost more to run :)

Actually 0.2 pence per mile more :p over 25,0000 miles that is £50 more, so the petrol car requires an extra tank of fuel every 25,000 miles over the diesel. That I think I can live with especially as cars are supposed to get more fuel efficient with a few miles on them :)

gaffer1986

Yet another tank (fourth one in 12 days) and computer read 36.8 mpg and fuelly said 36.4 mpg. Seems to be getting more accurate. This fuel economy was 100% driving lessons with only me driving between lessons and to toby carvery on Sunday. Driving lessons always achieve poor figures. The best economy I've had is 56mpg with an average speed of 47 mph on a 35 mile journey. My driving lessons obtain an average speed of between 7 mph and 23 mph depending on level of customer.

If my average speed is 7 mph economy is usually around 33 mpg and when it is closer to 23 mph economy is around 45mpg.

gaffer1986

I know I'm sad that I compare the trip mpg with actual mpg every time I fill up, but this time the trip said 36.3 mpg but my car actually got 36.8 mpg. So the computer can also under read, that was an average speed of 9 mph and took me just over 38 hours to use the tank, which is good as I used to get 32 hours in my old diesel.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Ant

Jan 19, 2014
North Somerset
My display also overstates the fuel consumption... last 2 tanks on Fuelly have averaged 55.1 and 54.9mpg, however the MFD has never shown more than 54mpg over a single journey - normally nearer to 50. Not complaining though!

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
I know I'm sad that I compare the trip mpg with actual mpg every time I fill up, but this time the trip said 36.3 mpg but my car actually got 36.8 mpg. So the computer can also under read, that was an average speed of 9 mph and took me just over 38 hours to use the tank, which is good as I used to get 32 hours in my old diesel.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

My Fuelly figure is the same as yours at 36.2. The computer gives 39.4.

I think my driving profile is the complete opposite of yours. My average speed over 2000 miles is 31mph and about 75% is on empty motorways cruising at 80mph. On a light footed 40mph run in light traffic the best I have seen is 56mpg on the computer.

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
On my 1.8 tsi I'm getting between 39 and 44 depends how I'm driving on a full tank I averaged 42.8 which I don't think is bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EoinM

Only have the car for a week and it's not even run in yet, calculated the old fashioned way. First tank 47.5, second tank 51.3. I leave it in eco mode nearly all the time.

That's for an FR 184, the lower figure consisting a fair bit of town driving. Impressed by the figures so far given the poke in the car.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Only have the car for a week and it's not even run in yet, calculated the old fashioned way. First tank 47.5, second tank 51.3. I leave it in eco mode nearly all the time.

That's for an FR 184, the lower figure consisting a fair bit of town driving. Impressed by the figures so far given the poke in the car.

Eco mode does my nut in. I actually get better economy in individual or sport.

EoinM

Really? I like it for the cruise to work. I find it helps immensely compared to sport........especially when you've got 6 points on your license:D

Need to mess around with the settings though to see which works best.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members