Options

Ewan

May 7, 2008
I am just about to part with my trusty Citrus FR and replace it with a 184.:)

Was wondering whether these options are worth the extra?

Alcantara sports seats - not sure how well the Alcantara panels will wear in the longer term. The cloth in my current FR still looks as good as new even after 93K

Seat Sound system - Does this really make that much of a difference? Or does it just make fitting the space saver a pain (should you need to do so)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Last edited:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I miss my alcantara seats, they were amazing, really stuck you to the seat and id choose it over leather any day! Weared really well, I dont know what the colours are but I had silver/white and they still looked silver/white when I handed it back 3 years and 90k later

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
You already get sports seats, so you're paying for a different covering, personally I didn't think it was worth it.

Seat Sound is pretty good, might make the space saver slightly more faffy (although only one plug to remove then lift the sub out) but it does sound great. I haven't had the standard one up to any volume, but I'm pretty pleased with it.

nbullus

I went back to the dealer the day after ordering to add the sound system. The standard sound system is fine for most people, but will start to get struggle when you crank it up. The 10 speaker sound system has separate amp and so drives the speakers effortlessly and will sound less harsh. If your into your music/hi-fi then you will notice the difference, but most people will be happy with the stock system. I listend to both in the showroom before making my decision and I could tell, although my Mrs couldn't tell the difference.

I was scared off Alcantara by my mate had them in his Lexus IS. They looked good till the grease from his burger dripped on them and they never looked the same again. However a lot of people on hear say they have had no problems as long as you look after them. I went for leather out of personal choice, but would have stuck with the stock seats if money had been an issue as they look nice and will wear best of all.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
The closest my interior comes to food is a wine gum on long journeys! :)

Bigger concern is them tearing because they hold you so well, even when getting in or out.

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I have Alcantara and Seat sound would recommend both
I also had a Lexus with Alcantara never had any issues with it but it was scotch guarded so may be worth doing that

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Winter pack. Not been THAT cold this year, and the heated washer jets are a waste of time, as are the headlamp washers, but you DO get heated seats, which means that warm 'have I wet myself?' feeling on cold mornings. :rofl:

And yes. The sound pack too. Convenience pack is handy for the coming/leaving home lights, if you park in a dark place, like an unlit garage.

Last edited:

LeonSC

I have the standard FR seats and personally I prefer them to the alcantara that I saw in the dealers. The half leather style is the best of both worlds in my opinion - looks smart but not cold in winter and hot/sticky in summer.

Also have the tech pack on my FR which has 8 speakers - not tried the 10 but I wonder whether the quality of the interior is up to it. If I turn my stereo up really loud with bass, the door cards start to vibrate before you hear any distortion in the sound. That's with 320kbps MP3s on an SD card. At normal to moderately loud volumes, there's nothing to worry about.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.