What did you and your MK2 do today?

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
After getting some horrendous qoutes for Cam Belt change, decided to take the day off and do it myself. What a mission that was lol :cry:
Still, only stood me £175 for Cambelt Kit, Waterpump, 2 litres of G13 coolant and a Drive belt. Thanks TPS :D Bit better than £400 at indies and £500 at stealers.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
After getting some horrendous qoutes for Cam Belt change, decided to take the day off and do it myself. What a mission that was lol :cry:
Still, only stood me £175 for Cambelt Kit, Waterpump, 2 litres of G13 coolant and a Drive belt. Thanks TPS :D Bit better than £400 at indies and £500 at stealers.

Well done for taking it on yourself mate, best way to save yourself a fortune.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Well done for taking it on yourself mate, best way to save yourself a fortune.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

Aye, Ill have a go at anything once lol. The guy I bought it off got it from a dealership 6k miles ago. Dealership said they changed the belt as part of the sale...b@ll@cks. Good job I changed it out of lack of trust, as it was fairly worn and water pump was the original too.

Next up... brakes.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just used my vcds cable for the 1st time, set the beep when locking or unlocking the car, making it so it unlocks all doors on 1 press instead of two... Made it so hazards come on with harsh breaking and set the boot pop thing up...

I'm finally half decent at something haha

Craiglar

Mar 18, 2014
Just used my vcds cable for the 1st time, set the beep when locking or unlocking the car, making it so it unlocks all doors on 1 press instead of two... Made it so hazards come on with harsh breaking and set the boot pop thing up...

That's decent mate can I do that and what do I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tundrarocks

Dec 21, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Mine due too. Got a quote for £350 to do all the belts, water pump and coolant from local indi

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln

Nice one, some good tweaks. I just wish I could get the dial staging. I would even invest in VCDS just for that! How loud is the alarm beep?

Last edited:

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Fitted the passenger side led puddle lights and wrote the guide as requested.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4390617

Fitted the HIDs

Before - horrible and yellow.

4ebegage.jpg

After - nice and white

umedu2y6.jpg

And then fitted the chrome foor rest and pedals.

Before
y6yby7e2.jpg

And After
u9u4u4yv.jpg

e4y5ahe9.jpg

And with the footwell lights on
upynuhy3.jpg

Then washed the car. Busy day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aok82

Aug 18, 2012
Finland, Uudenmaanlääni
Changed oils and filters today.
in the process I managed to crack the oilfilter housing a pit (stupid thing didnt come off easilly so i applied some force.)
Why must that piece made of plastic anyway???
It seems that it does not leak but im still worrying a bit.
Is there aluminium ones available?

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Changed oils and filters today.
in the process I managed to crack the oilfilter housing a pit (stupid thing didnt come off easilly so i applied some force.)
Why must that piece made of plastic anyway???
It seems that it does not leak but im still worrying a bit.
Is there aluminium ones available?

Ecs make them, awsome gti sell them. There £60 tho.