Led door card puddle lights.

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Right you asked for a guide of how i did mine. Fitted the passenger side this morning.

First of all you need to identify the wiring for it to work. Using a flat blade screwdriver gently prise the clear plastic off the i interior light.
nyma9ysa.jpg

Then remove the actual hosing by prising out the 4 corner tabs and pull on the housing at the same time it then pops out.
e5epe4a9.jpg

e2ebynen.jpg

You can then see the connector with the 3 wires on. The two i needed was the blue/grey and red/black cable. These run down the A pillar drivers side so i remove that trim too.

ujenynuv.jpg

uzujagu4.jpg

I cut these two cables and added male and female spade connectors. Crimmed and soldered. I run two new cables from the A pillar down the side and under the footwell and put them on a block connector ( so i can run all doors to this easy access point.)

pyguheve.jpg

Then the bar-steward part. Now you need to get a cable into the door card. Without removing the whole door card i decided to go in via the speaker. So this needs removing. You need a flat blade screwdriver and a torque head.

gajuvuhu.jpg

Prise the speaker cover off using the little slot.

zyhazy8a.jpg

Then unscrew and disconnect the speaker.
yvare3uv.jpg

4e7uhyga.jpg

Then remove the trim from the door edge (this is passenger side)
arytanah.jpg

And on the passenger side the bottom trim cones off easy to for better access
neve3y3y.jpg

y7uqypus.jpg

To get the cables into the door card and into the inside of the car you want to go through the rubber between the two that the other cables run through.
be6y6y8a.jpg

Pull the rubber off the side that attaches the the car not the door.
5e2ypevu.jpg

This shows you the connector that is connected to the car frame.

To get the cables through the rubber i pushed a tie wrap through and into the door. Then taped the cables to the tie wrap and pulled back through.
a5usuhej.jpg

yguhy3y8.jpg

I fed enough through to reach the driver side footwell where the block connector was.

I then removed the trim either side of the console and fed the cable through.
za5unymy.jpg

yqedy7ap.jpg

Once i had the cable across to the block connecter i tooked the cables out the way and re fitted all the trims. Getting the rubber back around the door connecter is a twat. I ended up disconnecting the connector. Put the rubber back in place then re connected.

Next i needed to drill a hole in the bottom of the door card to allow the cables/led strip to be pushed through.
zehudeby.jpg

I then got the led strip and connected it to the wires now in the door card. Spade connections crimped and soldered again and the wrapped in amalgamating tape to weather proof.
jy3azuha.jpg

ebyhanaj.jpg

a6u6ury3.jpg

Now before you go any further best to check your wiring and connections. Wires into the block connector. And door open.
sutasubu.jpg

It works.
Ok now to stick it to the door card.
nutygy3e.jpg

budybe5u.jpg

Put the car all back together and job done.
y4usahyr.jpg

y5aguva2.jpg

I would buy some decent double sided sticky tape for this as the stickyness of the led strip i had was poo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Good work! Have to get some night time pics! Can safely say that it's way above my skill level lol

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Good work. But you do know you can just take the door card off, then tsp into the controller ans turn it on with vagcom????

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Ive got lots left over im thinking of running a strip under the triple r splitter connected to the head lights??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
Looks good mate, just a few questions as i'm not the best at this kinda stuff. What cable are you using? and when you say you cut the two cables behind the A pillar did you do that simple to save to going upto the map lights? if so could you cut them and use joint block rather than spade fittings? How does the A pillar come of exactly??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.