Leon Cupra 03 (facelift) Disk + pad upgrades advice please?

Dissimulate

Jan 12, 2012
Durham
Looking to upgrade disks and pads before remap soon.
Don't want anything craaaazy, just something to give a bit of extra stopping power.
Will only be pushing maybe 225-240ish bhp.
Put 18"s on so can fit some bigger disks etc if needed.
Anyone used the Tarox stuff?

wildrides

Dec 27, 2013
For a cheap but very very effective kit I would reccomend Tarox 312 mm F2000 discs , porsche boxster calipers , caliper adapters , plus vag to porshe stainless brake lines .

Discs = circa £220
pads = any porsche boxster fitment ( widest choice in the world for this caliper)
carrier adaptors = £ 140
New porshe calipers pair £600
Brake lines £80

Pro-calipers.co.uk supply the adapters and part numbers for correct porshe caliper and lines and pads
design911.co.uk sell porshe calipers new .

Dissimulate

Jan 12, 2012
Durham
Thanks dude, Would running the disks with some good pads be ample though? Not going for daft power so was just wanting some advice on maybe some larger disks and good pads.

wildrides

Dec 27, 2013
F2000 and good pad are way better than stock disc and pad but porshe kit is like night and day again.

Pagid blue
or Ferrodo will haul it down well with F2000 discs . I ran that for a while because the stock discs and pad were so bad I thought I was going to die soon . The fade and wet stopping was the worst I had ever experienced on a car , and I had it from new . I had a focus before the cupra and could not believe how bad the brakes were on the cupra . If you change you will at least be able to stop in the wet and get no fade . Power is a bit better as well . Add the porshe caliper later and you will easy out brake the stock red "garden sheds" on a cupra R .

Last edited:

Dissimulate

Jan 12, 2012
Durham
Lets face it mate, 2 wheels of cheese and some cream crackers for pads would be better than stock on the Cupras! That's why i've upgraded to the LCR wheels so i can stick some bigger disks behind them.
Wanted some feedback on the tarox pads and thanks for the recommendation on pads too!

In the mean time I'll continue relying on holding carrier bags out the window to try and help me stop with the stock setup!

Dissimulate

Jan 12, 2012
Durham
Could i upgrade to the Cupra R side disks without having to so anything to my calipers? Pretty sure my bro was running larger TT disks on his Golf under 18"s and didn thave to alter anything else.

wildrides

Dec 27, 2013
TT s run 312 mm same as you have , some do have bigger discs same as Golf r32 but need calipers and adapters to suit larger disc . The stock disc size at 312mm is fine ....... its the lack of piston area thats the problem with the stock caliper and that limits how much improvement can be made .
Cupra R discs are 323 so very small size diff and wider hence diff caliper needed

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.