Coilover fitting

AL90

Dec 14, 2011
Sheffield
you would need some coil spring clamps on the springs, but i really wouldnt take them out. i know someone who did that and he was so low he hit everything. I would leave them in and get different springs.

ajimboslice

Sorry to revive an old thread, when try to get the top mount off, how the hell do you do it? I can't move it with an allen key and mole grips to save my life

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Sorry to revive an old thread, when try to get the top mount off, how the hell do you do it? I can't move it with an allen key and mole grips to save my life

You need to put a hexagon key in to the middle of the damper shaft and hold it whilst undoing the nut with a spanner.

ajimboslice

You need to put a hexagon key in to the middle of the damper shaft and hold it whilst undoing the nut with a spanner.

Cheers, got my head round that, just in search of a t60 bit for the bottom

ajimboslice

DEAN0;437M18 6 said:
Not completely sure sorry. pic was an example.

If you measure the diameter of the bolt thread at the oposite end it will tell you what it is.
14mm = M14
16mm = M16
18mm = M18
etc

Deffo NOT a torx though.

Ok cheers, managed to get a spline set, Only goes up to M16 tho so here's hoping

ajimboslice

Just looked on the elsawin manual

It says the strut to hub bolt is M12x1.5 thread x 80mm long

Torque is 60Nm + 90 degrees extra.

Yeah it fits, just can't get the last top mount bolt off to get the spring off, the bush gets in the way of getting a spanner on the nut

Steven5533

dose any one know weather it will be better to get shortened drop links with coil overs as i will be doing mine in a couple of months and if it is advised i will just do them at the same time?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
dose any one know weather it will be better to get shortened drop links with coil overs as i will be doing mine in a couple of months and if it is advised i will just do them at the same time?

Depends on the coilovers.

Some need different droplinks - some have the droplink mount moved so you can use standard droplinks.

Steven5533

hey i didn't go for them coilovers in the end i got some FK AUTOMOTIVE ones has any ones used these before?? do i need shortened drop links as will be fitting them this weekend ???

Steven5533

Yes you will need shorter droplinks

Cheers I will have to get some then :)

I have read that ford puma and ford mondeo drop links fit and are shorter will these be ok?? As my friend is breaking a puma and said I can have them?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.