Seat Leon FR 150 TDI Build

jamespearson

Righto I bought this FR about a month ago and part exchanged my golf 1.6 for it so it was a massive power and luxury difference for me :D Within 24 hrs of having the car a engine management light appeared on my dash which was not a great start. Having bought the car from a dealer and coming with 6 months warranty it went straight back to them to be sorted. After a week of having the FR I picked it up and boom brand new turbo :D The vains on the turbo had got a bit sticky so that was the cause of over boost and the throwing a light on.. So first mods I have done so far is turning the alarm beep on when I lock and unlock the car which I thought was a nice touch and only took 2 mins with vagcom. The second mod that I did was removing all the rear badges and replacing them with the mk3 leon badge and a small FR badge.
First pic:
IMG_0425_zpsaa5fa6fc.jpg

First wash:
IMG_0490_zpse8ad0834.jpg

IMG_0489_zpsab2cb076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jamespearson

Dum question but how do you upload images I cant work it out lol!

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
Righto I bought this FR about a month ago and part exchanged my golf 1.6 for it so it was a massive power and luxury difference for me :D Within 24 hrs of having the car a engine management light appeared on my dash which was not a great start. Having bought the car from a dealer and coming with 6 months warranty it went straight back to them to be sorted. After a week of having the FR I picked it up and boom brand new turbo :D The vains on the turbo had got a bit sticky so that was the cause of over boost and the throwing a light on.. So first mods I have done so far is turning the alarm beep on when I lock and unlock the car which I thought was a nice touch and only took 2 mins with vagcom. The second mod that I did was removing all the rear badges and replacing them with the mk3 leon badge and a small FR badge.

Thats a RIGHT result! :funk:

I'd get yourself a scanner/vagcom if you don't already have one, it's a very very useful thing to have.

What other plans do you have for it mate?

jamespearson

sweet cheers :) Yeah my boss has vagcom and it proper handy :) Cant belive they put a brand new turbo on lol, as for plans I gonna take it nice and slow and just do suttle mods to it :) think I gonna work from out to in lol so starting with exterior mods like wind deflectors and lowering springs then inside with the cupra r headlining maybe a boost gauge and a arm rest then start adding performance mods when I saved up a bit more :) looking a remap soon, know of any good places? and do you know what the clutch can handle torque wise before it needs uprating? car has 80000 on clock if any help lol

jamespearson

Today has been a productive for the FR :) Gave her a good wash and polish and removed my mirror caps and began to sort them out from the flakey paint state. Sanded them all back down and gave them a good couple of coats of primer followed by the original silver :) come up quite nice and look better than what they started lol :) Got myself a set of pressed plates which look so much better than the standard ones...Fitted some team heko wind deflectors today which look the part :) just need some tinted windows now :D Hopefully I can work out how to upload photos soon!

jamespearson

Primered:
IMG_0647_zpseb3ebd7c.jpg

Sprayed:
IMG_0648_zps05946b84.jpg

Mirror caps sprayed and wind deflectors on :D:
IMG_0653_zpsfadd05c8.jpg

jamespearson

Rear badges fitted.. any opinions?
IMG_0551_zps0825e866.jpg

Getting a good pay check next month thanks to some hard work ;) hopefully will have some new parts to fit soon :)

jamespearson

Ordered my hids, number plate lights and side lights, anyone got any ideas on a induction kit?

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Ordered my hids, number plate lights and side lights, anyone got any ideas on a induction kit?

The TDIs have been shown to be fine on the standard airbox and filter set up, doesn't become restrictive until over 200hp. I have a cold air feed from the passenger's fog light in to the airbox, seems to have helped the car rev easier over 3.5krpm.

jamespearson

The TDIs have been shown to be fine on the standard airbox and filter set up, doesn't become restrictive until over 200hp. I have a cold air feed from the passenger's fog light in to the airbox, seems to have helped the car rev easier over 3.5krpm.

oh fair one mate I thought they were restricted.. a filter wouldn't harm though? just would add noise right?

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
"High Flow" filters like K&N and so on always have reduced filter capacity.
Keep the stock paper panel, it is no restriction even at over 280bhp ;-)

Mar 7, 2011
Plymouth
Apparently it's the same airbox that is used on the rs4 so if that can manage I would think any Leon would.
Just a thought.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

jamespearson

Update on the fr :) fitted some 6000k hids at the weekend which look much better than the standard bulbs and gave her a good wash and polish :)
IMG_0824_zps073954aa.jpg

IMG_0840_zps729703b3.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members