Real World MPG - post your figures

Bryanm

1.4 fr, 36.7 mpg over first 1300 miles which includes a 500 mile motorway journey.

Excalpino

Jan 30, 2014
Perth, - still in the UK :-)
If I understand correctly eco mode only softens throttle response and limits the aircon. Therefore fixed distance measurements at constant speed will not show any difference if ambient temperature is below cabin temp. It might make a difference if varying speed ot if ambient temp is higher than set cabin temp?
(Assuming manual box... DSG presumably alters change up/down speeds).

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
If I understand correctly eco mode only softens throttle response and limits the aircon. Therefore fixed distance measurements at constant speed will not show any difference if ambient temperature is below cabin temp. It might make a difference if varying speed ot if ambient temp is higher than set cabin temp?
(Assuming manual box... DSG presumably alters change up/down speeds).

You're right. Fixed speed only requires small throtle changes. Eco mode would have been even worse on any sort of mixed driving. The idea was to test the cruise control because watching the instantaneous consumption it always appeared lower when activated to me.

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
FR Diesel 150PS - First full tank in Eco mode 49.8mpg, 2nd full tank in Normal mode 50.7mpg. Mostly motorway driving back and forward to work. Oddly I got more miles to the tank in Eco mode than in normal mode despite the better mpg and I always run it to the red light.

Was going to do a tank in sport mode but I figured that would be just p***ing my money and diesel against a wall as there is no way I'd drive remotely economical in sport mode!

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
I find it easier and less frustrating to drive economically in sport mode. :)

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
You must have a lighter right foot than me then! haha. I actually found sport mode annoying in 30mph areas with lots of corners cause the steering is so heavy. However on a 60mph A road in the Highlands it is amazing!

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
I use individual with the steering set to normal and engine to sport. And yep, now I've got a live and average MPG readout it's started to become a competition to beat myself each tank!!

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
on the motorway journey home doing 50-70 depending on roadworks i got ~62mpg

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
:lol: its a game next time I go I'll try to see how low I can get it :p

There is no shame in driving like a granny on the motorway lol I do exactly the same as I don't see the point in driving fast in a straight line. I'd rathe chill and save money on the motorway then floor it when I come off it and onto a country road :-D

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
first tank using brim to brim, 48.5 mpg, couple of 80 mph dashs but mainly all on cruise at 50 mph, car is 1.2.

Last edited:

ToroNegro

Dec 12, 2011
The Black Country
Very mixed driving, not broken in yet (only done 320miles) ST FR TDi 184 I'm getting 45-48 average.

I expect that will improve once it's broken in and I'm more used to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
I am getting around 46-48mpg in the 184

Round trip to work is about 22 miles which is about 4 miles of stop start traffic in 30 mph and the other 18 miles is dual carriageway at 50-60mph.

Last three tanks were filled to first click and have been using Tesco fuel and all three have given about 460 miles to a tank to near empty with around 20 miles showing left in tank.
This is with mixed sport and normal, have not bothered with Eco at all.

Filled up with Shell V power diesel + nitro on Saturday so will see how this goes on mileage and let you know.
It seems to be around £5 more than regular for a full tank of fuel.
Car sounds like it runs smoother with the V power and will see if it can match the regular diesel for miles.

Car has also done 2.2k miles now so still a baby :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise