Induction kit choice?

jamespearson

Hi all

I have a seat leon fr tdi 150 and was thinking of putting a induction kit on but not sure on what's best to put on it? Had mixed reviews on the 57i kit and a Honda s2000 kit but what do you guys recommend? Don't wanna spend stupid amount of money and I hasn't got to be a kit I could just get a cone for it :)

Thanks!

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Speak to Richie on here and get one of his heatshields much better quality than the ebay ones. Mine fitted like a glove. Here's mine fitted but I did have it Powdercoated.

IMAG0232_zps9ea6203a.jpg

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
They are mate really solid and well made. The eBay ones are really flimsy from what I've heard. Mine fitted perfect no adjustment required at all. You can spray them yourself but I got mine Powdercoated for £20.

Here it is after I got it from the Powdercoaters

IMAG0230_zps60677a8c.jpg

R1TCH1E

Apr 1, 2013
Worcester
Last edited:

Kruga

Nov 1, 2014
Cheshire
Hmm it wont let me view richies thread but ive just picked up a cupra r last weekend and its got a cai down behind the bumper need to get rid of it and get myself a heatshield one!

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Guys, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the standard filters for the following reasons:

1. The paper element will flow more than enough air to support far more power than your engine will ever make.

2. The standard filter doesn't contaminate your maf sensor with filter oil, rendering it useless

3. The standard filter actually works as a filter. Ie, it stops dust and debris from getting into your engine and wrecking your valves and rings.

4. If you want induction noise, drill holes in the bottom and sides of the standard airbox. This will give you the noise you want whilst still having a working filter.

I've had K&N panels, pipercross, BMC CDA, Jabba shielded cones, Green open cones, CAIs behind the bumper, everything you can think of. The standard filter is better at it's job than any of these.

Last edited:
Reactions: nd-photo.nl
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.