MK3 New Leon? SEAT SOUND ? options?

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Has anyone bought the new LEON with the extra speakers option inc the boot mounted Sub Woofer ? if so can they comment on is it worth having over the standard setup?
Also any pics of the inside of the Cars with this fitted? esp where this Sub Woofer is mounted ??

Thanks in advance.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
It is good. As good as the premium system I had in my 3 series. Inside the cabin you only notice some badges. The sub is in the middle of the spare wheel. The standard system is very good but I'd definitely say it's worth the money.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Should point out that most people you get some serious rattles and buzzing when it's above 50%.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
The build issues are all over the forum and every courtesy car I've had has done it. You even hear it on loads of youtube vids of people posting 0-100 times etc. All made worse by a bit of bass. It's a shockingly poorly put together car in my opinion.

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
Just picked up my car at the weekend and it has the Seat Sound.. so far very impressed. I had two 12" subs in my last car but no plans to change the audio in the new car as its absolutely fine. It's not a thumping bass but it's more refined.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
The build issues are all over the forum and every courtesy car I've had has done it. You even hear it on loads of youtube vids of people posting 0-100 times etc. All made worse by a bit of bass. It's a shockingly poorly put together car in my opinion.

I have the standard sound system and get the rattling/buzzing sound on mine. Sounds like the door card isn't put together properly! Currently waiting to hear back from Seat CC about this and other issues.

JohnNW

Not saying you're wrong (and you have a Leon and I don't) but it's common for forums to be full of posts on car issues / problems.

Posting "Got in car this morning, it started without problem, drove to work without any issues . . . . , etc." would get pretty boring reading in a forum!

Can't comment on the sound system, though I would order it. And will do so, if Seat UK pull their finger out and give us the option of Dynamic Chassis Control on the FR 180/184 that they keep telling me will be offered once the Cupra has been released. I've been told this a couple of times from customers services in the past month alone :confused:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh I agree 99% of posts are for people who have issues. Nobody really comes on and says... my car is fine

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
It is good. As good as the premium system I had in my 3 series. Inside the cabin you only notice some badges. The sub is in the middle of the spare wheel. The standard system is very good but I'd definitely say it's worth the money.

Good news then, can we have some pix of this sub then ?? and what if any spare wheel can we still carry in the car ?
Thanks

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
Pic of sub

seat_sound_sub.JPG

Last edited:

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire

SEAT sound in a Leon ST

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yikes !! That's neat.
So is that a false floor under the normal boot floor ?
is it height adjustable ?
Just comparing all these to my current Mk1 Leon Boot which to be fair is a decent size anyways.
Pity you couldn't get a full size alloy in there eh!
Thanks tho that's the first time ive seen a picture of the Sub which I thought mite have taken normal boot space up
Champion !!!

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Its not the fact ur folks are on 18" wheels by any chance ??? as I'd rather just have the 17"
Surely there not that bad heck my 9yr old mk1 isn't too bad

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise