Towbar for my FR

Mac

Dec 13, 2013
TM. RO
www.racingparts.ro
guys i really need some help with towbar for my 2010 fr tdi
i found a lot of models but they exclude FR and Cupra models , dont know why, maybe is the bumper

any of you has a solution for this?
i have to tow my racing bike to go to the track and i would like to keep the leon so i must find a solution

thanks for your suggestions

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Just get any old towbar and cut the grey valance. Thats all I did.

Thats why they don't list them. Westfalia do one but its like £350, you still have to cut the valance but they provide a plastic bit that you put on when you remove the towbar

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
yeah i found westfalia that costs a lot
what do you mean exactly by any old towbar?
i have all the tools i need, welding machine, mill etc so i could make and modify anything in my workshop

the rear bumper has to be cut anyway, is this correct ?

No, just the grey valance. The grey valance is removeable, if you decide you dont want the towbar anymore, take it off and buy a new valance, only costs £30 or whatever

By "any old towbar" i mean I wouldnt bother spending money on a detachable one or one specifically designed for the FR/cupra

Mac

Dec 13, 2013
TM. RO
www.racingparts.ro
here is the result

20140416_101308.jpg

20140416_115703.jpg

Danfr550

I got one fitted with the little grey cover think it's a (Thule) tow bar on my 08 plate fr for £260 at a spot in Durham they were the cheapest I could find, and I used it to tow a big motorbike trailer with 3 motocross bikes on it, so it's a good strong one